DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Are you running any other extensions?

Hi again!

The formatting is noticeably off on the player screen. It's mostly fine on the GM screen.
    Note this is me running the app a second time to log on as a player. I don't have a player on hand to connect and try this out. I suspect the formatting will be off for them too.
    I attached images to show the difference.
    I'm using the new cool FG winter theme and the lato large font (because my eyes are old).
    I then turned off the font and set the theme to the default SWADE theme. The formatting is still off, but not nearly as much. Those images are also attached.
    I'm on a 24" monitor set to 1920 x 1080, FGU standard.
    I don't know how much can be done to accommodate for fonts and themes. It's still useable and very nice to have.
    Please ask if there's any way I can help.

Thanks!

gmdefault.jpg
    gmwinter.jpg
    playerdefault.jpg
    playerwinter.jpg

I am. Nothing else is emitting debug info. But it's worth testing and narrowing down.

I created a sample game with nothing in it. The only extension is Mass Battles. Here's a screenshot.

debug_noext.jpg

Am I the only one seeing this? That would be weird. It would be like the code talking to just me. The modern tech version of hearing voices in my head.

Edit: When I have other extensions on, none of them talk to me.
    Does FGU have a debug switch that I inadvertently toggled? That would be very useful. The debug switch, I mean, not me turning stuff on by accident.

Edit 2: FGU does have a debug mode. I didn't turn it on by accident. I did turn it off intentionally, and the debug output continued. I toggled it on and off a few times, but the extension is still telling me about its windows.
    Interesting the things you find by accident.
    Last edited by Mike Serfass; December 21st, 2020 at 09:33.

Mike, I’m also getting the same debug output to the chat window so you aren’t alone. I tried creating a new campaign with no extensions and it does the same thing there as well. The extension seems to work correctly otherwise. It just spams the debug text into chat.

I'm getting the same debug output too.

Also, having tried it out last night, I cleared the Mass Battle CT this morning to set up a Mass Battle for a game after boxing day, and found I can't put a new commander in the commander slot without restarting FGU.

This would make it awkward if, for any reason, the commander needed to be changed mid-battle.

Hi all,

my sincere apologies. I must have missed all the notifications for posts in this thread, which is why I'm only getting back to you guys now.

All the Debug output is definitely my fault. I must have uploaded the wrong version (that still had the Debug output in it). I've uploaded the version without all that stuff now (I hope).
    @tavishill, @Mike Serfass, I'll look into the Commander Replacement issue and the layout problems ASAP (probably not tonight though ... for ... reasons ...)
    Check out my Extensions for Savage Worlds:
    Arcane Devices:Forge and github
    Mass Battles: Forge and github
    Fast Tests: Forge and github
    Reload Consumption: Forge
    Chase&Combat Compilation: Forge

This is awesome extension! I will definitely use this in my games and recommend it for whomever hosts me a game

One request thou: Support and commanders could drag-and-drop their Bennies to result view/layout to re-roll it.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I've uploaded a new version.
    @tavishill: You should now be able to switch commanders easily (it was possible before but the area where you needed to drop the commander was literally a 1 pixel high frame at the bottom of the commander box. So it was basically not possible)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    One request thou: Support and commanders could drag-and-drop their Bennies to result view/layout to re-roll it.
    They can drag&drop the bennies on the [Command] or [Participate] buttons to reroll. Doing this will also account for edges like Elan that give +2 on rerolls. I want to reserve the result-area-benny-drop for soaking rolls (which I will put in any day now) and for consistency with the commander interface, I'm doing the same there (even though commanders don't need to soak during Mass Battles)

@Mike Serfass: Where can i find the winter layout and that font extension? If I get those, I'll try to adapt the interface so that it allows for bigger fonts and frames with different themes, but I can't promise the result will be a big improvement. I want to avoid rewriting the extension for every possible theme. Having FGC and FGU is already a pain and no matter what I do any layout change in one scuffs the layout in the other one, it feels like.
    Check out my Extensions for Savage Worlds:
    Arcane Devices:Forge and github
    Mass Battles: Forge and github
    Fast Tests: Forge and github
    Reload Consumption: Forge
    Chase&Combat Compilation: Forge

Quote Originally Posted by chillhelm View Post
    I've uploaded a new version.
    @Mike Serfass: Where can i find the winter layout and that font extension? If I get those, I'll try to adapt the interface so that it allows for bigger fonts and frames with different themes, but I can't promise the result will be a big improvement. I want to avoid rewriting the extension for every possible theme. Having FGC and FGU is already a pain and no matter what I do any layout change in one scuffs the layout in the other one, it feels like.
    Themes are cool but can be a pita for development; I've been there.

The winter theme is here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...WKTHEME_WINTER
    It's a beautiful theme and my players really like it. It's worth the money. I'm not sure it's worth your time wrangling with layout for a seasonal theme.

There are a few large font extensions. They're all here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...m-Google-Fonts
    This may be worth wrangling with, since we older players use them. My (younger) players have complained that the default font is too small, so it's not just older players. But I don't know how widely they're used.

Also, the chattiness is gone. I'm going to miss those conversations.

Thank you!

I can now add and switch commanders. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I have an error.

When I drop a benny from the character sheet anywhere in the support result section, I get the following error:

Script execution error: [string "MassBattles/scripts/template_resultlist.lua"]:13:attempt to call field 'onDrop' (a nill value)

I don't see this error when I drop the benny on the Participate button. It spends the benny and rerolls and works great.

I also don't see this error when I drop a commander benny on the Command button. It spends the benny and rerolls as expected.

When I drop a benny on the result area of the commander. It does nothing at all aside from the benny popping back into the character's benny stack. I'm guessing that's what the behavior should be for the support benny drop.

This isn't a show stopper. I can ignore the error and keep going just fine.

No other extensions loaded. I'll provide a log and screenshots if you need them. Here's the log: fgu_logs_20210102.zip

Thanks!

Thread Information