DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    All creatures within 40 feet of the vortex except Silaqui are drawn toward it. They must attempt either a Fortitude save or an Athletics check to Swim with a DC of 14, with the following results.
    This specific example is hard to automate:
    1) The PCs choose which check to make.
    2) The results, forced movement, aren't anything that can be automated in FG anyway. So this needs to be handled manually - ask the PCs to make either a Fortitude save or Athletics check, and adjudicate as needed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

thats what i thought but i thought i check in case of any improvements you have made that I hadn't noted

so to clarify you cannot automate a skill check against a set DC?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    so to clarify you cannot automate a skill check against a set DC?
    There's currently the VsDC automation that allows an NPC to roll a skill check against a target's fortitude, reflex or will DC. PC save DCs are the only DC currently supported for NPC VsDC automation. And this is for the NPC rolling a skill check, not to trigger the PCs making one. This will be expanded in Release 19, along with PC related VsDC actions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Shade,

Is the sheet automation correct for release 18 or later?
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Everything on the sheet will still work, yes, with the proper breaks between commands added when you come to the newline commands (\n) when adding it to a NPC stat block in the automation section.

That said, as Trenloe adds new features, there will be some things that will be able to be done differently/better.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I tossed in a new step-by-step video on creating a copied version of a creature and automating it. It can be found on the front page.
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Also of very minor note, I am moving stuff off my personal YouTube account to one specific for Fantasy Grounds (under ShadeRaven).

I want to use a lion in an encounter. I see that it's Sneak Attack shows "PermEffect:IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d6 precision" under the ability. It does not seem to work unless I manually type that text into the lion's effects section and then it applies properly and also it does not apply when I double-click the effect text. Am I doing that properly or should it have worked without intervention?

Edit: The other effects listed like Pack Attack and Grab all apply properly when I double-click on them.
    Last edited by Stargrove; July 11th, 2021 at 20:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    I want to use a lion in an encounter. I see that it's Sneak Attack shows "PermEffect:IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d6 precision" under the ability. It does not seem to work unless I manually type that text into the lion's effects section and then it applies properly and also it does not apply when I double-click the effect text. Am I doing that properly or should it have worked without intervention?

Edit: The other effects listed like Pack Attack and Grab all apply properly when I double-click on them.
    PermEffect is used to apply an effect when the creature is added to the combat tracker, it is not something that is activated by double-clicking. When you add a Lion to the combat tracker, an effect of IFT: flat-footed; DMG: 1d6 precision is added. I've just tested this and it works fine for me. If it doesn't work for you, try it in a brand new campaign with no extensions.

More details on the PermEffect NPC automation in the Google doc linked in post #1.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 11th, 2021 at 23:18.

It works as you described. I my haste to test things it probably did that and I probably cleared it out not realizing where it came from. Then, when I wanted it back I could not figure out how to get it back and that is what confused me. SO...nothing to see here...move along now. Thanks.

Thread Information