FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Okay, I'm being stupid, I know but I can't find the error.

I've automated the viper's poison as follows:

Code:
    "DC 16 Fort save"|Save: Fortitude[DC:16]
    "*** Apply All Effects ***"|ApplyAllEffects
    "Poisonfail"|Damage: 1d8 poison[FAILURE]
    "Poisoncritfail"|Damage: 2d8 poison[CRITFAILURE]
    All 4 light up blue when I mouse over.
    The fort save works, using PCROLL works but when I double-click the Apply All Effects only the PCROLL disappears from the PC, the fail and critfail are not applied.
    When I double-click the fail or critfail, the posion damage is applied to the PC regardless of the outcome of the save.

Help.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    I've automated the viper's poison as follows:

Code:
    "DC 16 Fort save"|Save: Fortitude[DC:16]
    "*** Apply All Effects ***"|ApplyAllEffects
    "Poisonfail"|Damage: 1d8 poison[FAILURE]
    "Poisoncritfail"|Damage: 2d8 poison[CRITFAILURE]
    All 4 light up blue when I mouse over.
    The fort save works, using PCROLL works but when I double-click the Apply All Effects only the PCROLL disappears from the PC, the fail and critfail are not applied.
    When I double-click the fail or critfail, the posion damage is applied to the PC regardless of the outcome of the save..
    ApplyAllEffects applies all "effects". It doesn't do anything special with damage. Maybe in the future there might an ability to specify which damage to apply based off the result of save, but not right now.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh, okay. I thought as Damage: was part of the document it also would apply.
    Good to know, thanks Trenloe.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Oh, okay. I thought as Damage: was part of the document it also would apply.
    There's a lot of things in the NPC Ability Automation document. Only "Effects" have "[<success level>]" listed as a parameter.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe,

So we can write automation to get effects applied and and if those effects also apply a dmg we should have a separate entry for the dmg to apply?

So an effect like 'Frightened:1' we can get applied but if its coupled with 1d6 dmg > the damage line would need its own entry and we would need to apply it manually (click it)?
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    So we can write automation to get effects applied and and if those effects also apply a dmg we should have a separate entry for the dmg to apply?

So an effect like 'Frightened:1' we can get applied but if its coupled with 1d6 dmg > the damage line would need its own entry and we would need to apply it manually (click it)?
    One automation entry per action. Apply damage and effects are different actions, so they need different automation entries.

Is the "ApplyAllEffects" going to be added retrospectively?

is there a way to automate a straight Skill check against a DC?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    is there a way to automate a straight Skill check against a DC?
    Hard coded DC? Or a calculated Target DC? Could you give an example please.

All creatures within 40 feet of the vortex except Silaqui are drawn toward it. They must attempt either a Fortitude save or an Athletics check to Swim with a DC of 14, with the following results.

Thread Information