5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Seems to be a lot better today. Almost non-existent and the delay completely disappears on subsequent openings of the same sheet.`

I don't think it depends on the time of day, the lag is consistent on my machine and I tried to see if some settings in the NVIDIA control panel have effect on the new build (because it is issue with the new build) or not. Seems no matter what tweaks are done, including using the integrated graphics has no effect. On some visual heavy rulesets such as Vampire it is even slower.

I hope someone is looking into that and will be fixed.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

After some more focused testing, it seems the lag is on the initial load of the character sheet and each tab. If they are opened at least once, things look back to normal UNTIL you close the sheet. Then again same stuff.

Is this with a clean install or one running extensions etc. because after my initial feedback, for me the problem has gone away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Is this with a clean install or one running extensions etc. because after my initial feedback, for me the problem has gone away.
    Yes, I don't run extensions when I report bugs. It happens on all rulesets. It was not there two updates back since I am using Unity months before release.
    I hope some dev will comment soon, this is quite annoying as using sheets is core functionality.

Say, I don't think this has been asked yet: GM machine or player? How many (if any) players are connected to the session?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    Say, I don't think this has been asked yet: GM machine or player? How many (if any) players are connected to the session?
    GM or Player, does not matter if 1 or none connected. Fresh or existing campaign, this was introduced after one of the Unity updates.
    All run different computers and I have workstation-class machine that can run much more than Unity. And this sheet lags, come on

I personally can reproduce it, the initial loading times for the tabs in character sheets have increased (but only the initial loading). It was always slower than FGC in that regard, but now it is indeed somewhat longer (e.g. test the skills tab of 3.5e, it needs around 2 seconds to load the first time)

But since it is just the initial loading, I am not so much bothered at the moment (NPCs load slower than in FGC but still rather quick)

Bump, this is still and issue and it is more noticeable when there are more “rich on content” character sheets.

I have a wizard (L14) in a game with a very large spell sheet and opening the action tab is very slow as well as scrolling it after it’s opened. It was not like this in FGC I can confirm.

Thread Information