5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Hi Ragnar & damned. First: awesome work.

Might be me, but I did a preliminary test (5E, no additional extensions, one character, only loaded PHB and DMG). I'll test this with additional add-ons to see if it has any conflicts next.

1) I see the 15 pre-made Treasure: Coin Type slots
    2) I added "NEW COIN TYPE ##" to the Party Sheet: Parcel Coins and named the slots on the PC's sheet
    3) I added a 16th coin type to the Party Sheet: Parcel Coins (assuming it would be pushed to the string text, as it does in the default FGU method)
    4) The coins are all pushed/distributed successfully to the PC...however...as you'll see in the image, the 16th coin type is distributed, but doesn't appear on the PC's sheet - neither as a new box, nor added string in the Treasure: _____ space

Test-Coins.jpg

Bah, he solved it. I just tweaked it. Working on packaging a module of my currency system for you so you can see what I did to give you some ideas.
    Ragnar Tryggvy - GM and Player - Fantasy Grounds Classic and Unity Ultimate License
    D&D, AD&D, 2e, 3.5e, Pathfinder, 4e, 5e
    Thank you greatly to those of you that have made these fantastic extensions that greatly enhance the play and fun of my games.

Estrolof, you need to expand your character sheet. The fourth column is off to the right and you can't see it. There are 4 columns of 5 coin slots that align with the right side of the character sheet.
    Ragnar Tryggvy - GM and Player - Fantasy Grounds Classic and Unity Ultimate License
    Thank you greatly to those of you that have made these fantastic extensions that greatly enhance the play and fun of my games.

Estrolof, you need to expand your character sheet. The fourth column is off to the right and you can't see it. There are 4 columns of 5 coin slots that align with the right side of the character sheet. The text fields were doubled in size to allow longer coin names. Let me know if that works for you.

See, something I was doing! Haha

Estrolof, you are welcome to jump in my discord any time you want to ask questions or hang out. Would be faster than talking on here.

https://discord.gg/kKSmRDqv

Of course, you don't have to either, just giving you the option.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    Hi Ragnar & damned. First: awesome work.

Might be me, but I did a preliminary test (5E, no additional extensions, one character, only loaded PHB and DMG). I'll test this with additional add-ons to see if it has any conflicts next.

1) I see the 15 pre-made Treasure: Coin Type slots
    2) I added "NEW COIN TYPE ##" to the Party Sheet: Parcel Coins and named the slots on the PC's sheet
    3) I added a 16th coin type to the Party Sheet: Parcel Coins (assuming it would be pushed to the string text, as it does in the default FGU method)
    4) The coins are all pushed/distributed successfully to the PC...however...as you'll see in the image, the 16th coin type is distributed, but doesn't appear on the PC's sheet - neither as a new box, nor added string in the Treasure: _____ space

Test-Coins.jpg
    I tested my build and it works with extras appending as text still.
    I havent looked at Ragnar's copy sorry.

Damned, it worked, he just had to expand his character sheet as he couldn't see the right most column of entries.

Thank you very much for the invitation. I did a little more testing and posted in discord instead. (As extra lines are added to the strong Treasure section, the Encumbrance section is pushed lower - as expected - however, it doesn't also push the Equipment section - I included images on discord).

Yeah, for some reason the coding I have tried when locking the Equipment line to the Encumbrance line forces the subtext under Equipment up the page. The only way I have found to have it stay linked properly to the Equipment title bar is to fix the title bar to a fixed spot. This is why adding extra lines forces the text down into that area. I will keep trying to figure out how to lock the Equipment title bar to reference the Encumbrance title bar and move with it. When I figure it out, I will update and let you know.

Thread Information