STAR TREK 2d20

Need help with automation

Greetings and Happy New Year.

A particular critter has unbalancing blow.

> Unbalancing Blow Any creature the monster critically hits is flat-footed against its attacks until the end of the monster's next turn.

So i would add the above text and is there a way to automate this so if the monster does get a critical the target is automatically flat footed?

Also would I add this feature to the 'automatic and reactive abilities or under Offensive or proactive abilities section?

Thanks again!

No real way to have effects automatically handled. The best you can do is have a selectable button that applies the effect as appropriate.

In effect, there's really no difference where you put it. I'd put it down in offensive/proactive myself then give it the automation: "flat-footed against its attacks until the end of the monster's next turn"|Effect: Unbalancing Blow; Flat-footed[D:2][END]

To make sure it's applied correctly, you'd then have that effect applied to the target by having the target selected, then dragging it on the creature with Unbalancing Blow. This should result in that target creature only being flat-footed against the appropriate foe.

Hope that helps
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Shade your help is invaluable as always..
    I was looking at the hand of the apprentice which you did and it shows an effect triggered off a critical (persistent bleed of 1d6) but it is text only I think as when I rolled a crit for that spell it applied the effect but it did not roll or apply the bleed affect.
    In the above code > what does [D:2] refer to?

D is duration. See the agootle doc linked in the first post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...and-Automation
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    D is duration. See the agootle doc linked in the first post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...and-Automation
    Is this how people in Newcastle pronounce Google?

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Is this how people in Newcastle pronounce Google?
    Hahaha... It is today!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information