STAR TREK 2d20

Multiclassing in Unity

Hello,

I recently picked up the FGC and FGU bundle from Steam and am looking forward to running my first module soon.

I've been mostly focusing on FGU, with a few moments in FGC. However, in familiarizing myself with the system, I decided to recreate a multiclassed Sorcerer/Warlock that I'm currently playing in a friend's game.

However, I'm running into problems with multiclassing. I've used the wizard to create a sorcerer, then added xp to get the levelup wizard. However, when I click on Warlock, none of the patrons will populate, none of the warlock spells will show. In fact the Warlock won't even populate at all on the levels list. I tried again with Cleric, Fighter, and Wizard. Nothing.

But, when I go to FGC, I can do the exact same and everything populates correctly and I can multiclass as needed to recreate the character.

I have ensured all modules are loaded (PHB, XGE, TCE, etc...)

I'm certain I'm doing the process the same in both FGU and FGC. Is there something I'm missing when using FGU? Is there a flag I'm supposed to check?

I guess I could go through and manually input everything in FGU, but it seems odd that I can do it in FGC, but not in FGU.
    Last edited by Anticlonus; December 1st, 2020 at 03:16.

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to 5E forum. Forum specific questions are best asked in the ruleset forum.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anticlonus View Post
    Hello,

I recently picked up the FGC and FGU bundle from Steam and am looking forward to running my first module soon.

I've been mostly focusing on FGU, with a few moments in FGC. However, in familiarizing myself with the system, I decided to recreate a multiclassed Sorcerer/Warlock that I'm currently playing in a friend's game.

However, I'm running into problems with multiclassing. I've used the wizard to create a sorcerer, then added xp to get the levelup wizard. However, when I click on Warlock, none of the patrons will populate, none of the warlock spells will show. In fact the Warlock won't even populate at all on the levels list. I tried again with Cleric, Fighter, and Wizard. Nothing.

But, when I go to FGC, I can do the exact same and everything populates correctly and I can multiclass as needed to recreate the character.

I have ensured all modules are loaded (PHB, XGE, TCE, etc...)

I'm certain I'm doing the process the same in both FGU and FGC. Is there something I'm missing when using FGU? Is there a flag I'm supposed to check?

I guess I could go through and manually input everything in FGU, but it seems odd that I can do it in FGC, but not in FGU.
    Yes, there is currently an issue with leveling up a multiclass and I'm going to have a fix out shortly. However, if you wish to create a multiclass character from scratch, you can do that without levelling up. Just select the multiclass during the initial creation. You can set each class's level as you see fit and select the spells for each at that level. Hope this helps you in the meantime, and thanks very much for the error report.
    Last edited by FG_Wraith; December 1st, 2020 at 06:29.

Was this ever resolved? My DM is having the same issue for several pre-existing characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Was this ever resolved? My DM is having the same issue for several pre-existing characters.
    For pre-existing characters I'd just use drag and drop I think. Especially if you use any extensions which change the character sheet.

And welcome to FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Just to be clear to the OP who I think is new. The character wizard is new, and while functional, still in development. Before it was developed you leveled up by dragging the new class or the same class onto the first page of your character sheet to level up.

Thread Information