FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... Last

Just got a mail from DMsG telling me they are pulling all extensions for sale out

WOTC is evidently making DMsG take out all extensions for sale in DMsG. Just received a mail about it after I posted my new extensions and it went live for 10 minutes - 3 sales - then POW - deactivated with a mail telling me no more extensions for sale at DMsG.

Evidently smiteworks only has a license to sell .mod files not .ext files there.

From DMsG:

Unfortunately your title has been deactivated as Wizards of the Coast is cracking down on us for allowing the publishing of extensions for Fantasy Grounds.
    The only Fantasy Grounds content WotC is allowing DMsGuild to publish is Modules (.mod files).
    We are currently in the process of pulling titles that are selling extensions for Fantasy Grounds but that process can take a while so I also have to catch titles that are newly published as well.
    Apologies for the inconvenience.
    And a further clarification to me:

The partnership that Smiteworks has with Wizards of the Coast only covers Modules for Fantasy Grounds and not extensions.

We have to do what Wizards of the Coast asks of us regarding content on DMsGuild.
    So while not all my extensions have disappeared yet - sounds like they are in process of clearing them all out.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; November 30th, 2020 at 20:13.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Ouch but it sounds like a good opportunity for SW to step in make some coin, solve the problem for people on DMsG, and help with the issue of keeping extensions up to date all at once.

Could really turn a bad thing into a win for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    Ouch but it sounds like a good opportunity for SW to step in make some coin, solve the problem for people on DMsG, and help with the issue of keeping extensions up to date all at once.

Could really turn a bad thing into a win for everyone.
    Fortunately, it does not effect my use of my extensions for me - that's what I wrote them for after all. I'm just going to wait for the dust to settle and then see what happens. For sure most won't notice until they reach their files

What the living F?
    AKA Szczur on most Discord channels.
    Dying builds character. Pun intended.

"Dear paying customer, sorry that you purchased something that you no longer have access to. Too bad, so sad."
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Speaking of, are they no longer available to download from your library?
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    "Dear paying customer, sorry that you purchased something that you no longer have access to. Too bad, so sad."
    I'm sure these type of things will just move some place else. Wait for the dust to settle - as far as I know I'm the ONLY one effected by this policy so far as I just posted a new extension hours ago. My old ones were still out there last I looked. Matter of time according to DMsG though.

The new one was deactivated after about 10 minutes and 3 sales. Then I got the mail. So if by library - the pages is still there - its just not public - meaning deactivated by DMsG as no public option available for it now.

If you've already purchased an extension on the DMsGuild, you should still be able to access it from your Library - but new sales will not be permitted. However, this is all uncharted territory with no prior warning from WotC or Smiteworks, so no one really knows for sure.
    Last edited by Grimlore; November 30th, 2020 at 20:54.
    Check out the Grim Press Website!
    See our FG releases on the Fantasy Grounds Store.
    We're also releasing content on the FG Forge.
    Join our community Discord server to engage with us directly: discord.gg/grimpress.

Ouch, this sucks. thanks for the heads up.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information