DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 15 First ... 5131415
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    *lol*
    Yes, if Grim Press has an agreement and it allows them to publish for sub-contractors (or however you are classified with them), then I would think you would be fine. But that's something Grim Press should be dealing with. Isn't that why you let them publish your stuff? To avoid having to deal with this ?
    Let's avoid making assumptions on contracts. Every person who signed a Publisher Agreement with us has the entirety of the contract where everything is spelled out legally on what can be done.

*edit
    I want to add that not every Publisher Agreement is exactly the same either. They are all very similar but they evolved over time and accounted for specifics that may have arisen based on back and forth discussions between the parties. Hence, people should only look at their own contract.
    Last edited by ddavison; December 2nd, 2020 at 22:30.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Let's avoid making assumptions on contracts. Every person who signed a Publisher Agreement with us has the entirety of the contract where everything is spelled out legally on what can be done.
    Absolutely!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    If you aren't the publisher, then you should let your publisher deal with where it is allowed to be published. It's not appropriate for us to discuss agreements we have with any publishers publicly and answering yes or no questions for someone who doesn't have access to the contract in its entirety is a recipe for further miscommunication. If you have a separate agreement with Grim Press, you should reach out to them to see if their agreement allows them to publish on DTRPG. As a general rule, only a few of our contracts allow for that and they explicitly state it if they do.
    What I was doing till I was point blank told - move your stuff we'll help - which was the plan with Grim Press doing it for me. Then having people tell me point blank that I could not do it. Grim was not around to consult.

So that would have been nice had I not been actively pulled in two directions at once. I suppose I could have remained quiet and waited while I was told to do two contradictory things - but hey. I like clarity. Even if its "I don't know yet". But the statements were pretty much not that.

I'll wait till grim gets back and definitely let him handle it from now on. As I said at the VERY beginning of this thread until I started receiving so many contradictory pieces of information.
    Last edited by ddavison; December 2nd, 2020 at 22:44.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    That's the best plan. I'm locking this thread to prevent further miscommunication.

Thread Information