DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 28 First ... 4121314151624 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I have to say that I and my players are hooked on Combat Groups "Players only see same Faction" option. They can only see things or be aware of them (target them) by LOS in map and never know which of them is going next in the initiative order
    Means I don't have to mess with visibility status all the time either because if they can see them they know they are there - if they can't - CT won't be giving away anything that is there. Plus I assigned a player Assistant GM NPC control to run friendly NPCs and did not have to worry about all the enemy NPCs my full display of CT showed on host as he only saw (thus got control) of the same faction (friendly in this case). Saved me dragging them all onto his portrait as there were 5 of them. Though next session I'll be disabling his NPC control and individually parsing out (drop on portrait) the friendly NPCs.
    This is a very nifty feature that I overlooked first time around. Thanks! Do you know if there is a way to neuter the "target enemy units" function on the image toolbar? It can very easily overcome all the hard earned secrecy that hiding the enemy faction brings

Quote Originally Posted by knorbet77 View Post
    This is a very nifty feature that I overlooked first time around. Thanks! Do you know if there is a way to neuter the "target enemy units" function on the image toolbar? It can very easily overcome all the hard earned secrecy that hiding the enemy faction brings
    Not sure why anyone would use target all enemies in a map - as it will target all enemies in the map. Nothing to do with my stuff.

If I have the "Players only see same Faction" option then the players are just going to CTRL click targets or use the map target selection to add multiple targets or some combination of the two - never target all enemies.

My extensions are tools. Imagine them like pieces of rope - you can do all sorts of things with them. Including garrote yourself. Use them wisely -_-

And if you don't trust your players - or they don't trust you - you have larger issues that nothing I have will solve.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V1.14 - Feature - added new option "Use Marching Order for Faction Drop" defaulted to "on" which will do "best it can" to use your defined marching order when dragging the green faction icon at bottom of CT onto a map. The basic rule here is I take the first thing I see in CT and place it down in CT - then if its in marching order I store it as last known token in marching order that was placed along with its position. As I loop through the CT entries being placed I keep the old logic in place (it offsets constantly to the upper left) but if the entry is in the marching order and there has already been a marching order token placed - I offset it to that last marching order token placement based on marching order relative position and set that one as last marching order token and so on. Any entries not in the marching order will just be offset per normal from last placement - obviously this "could" get you dropping things over eachother but in my tests it never happened and I had as I said 4 PCs in marching order - 1 PC not in marching order - and an NPC.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 21st, 2021 at 23:18.

V1.15 - Feature - added new option "Display Owner as CT link tooltip" defaulted to "on" which will display the Owner of the CT entry as a tooltip over its link icon. As real estate on the CT entry line is at a premium I chose the link icon as a place to display this information as it has no tooltip. When its a PC owned by a player or an NPC a player has been given control of that Owner will be displayed when you hover over the link icon on the CT entry line. Very useful with Assistant GM.

V1.16 - Bug - V1.14 marching order support did not limit combat tracker entries to only the ones currently visible. Fixed.

Unfortunately like the idiot I am I tested on my test project which evidently only had ONE friendly NPC - when I was running the Combat Groups new video for chuckles I was using my SW5E copy of my live campaign which is CHOCKED full of friendly NPCs :sob:
    It was a really impressive list of tokens going up to the left and wrapping around in 3 rows - which also ripped them out of their current maps of course - so lucky I always work with a copy
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 29th, 2021 at 17:58.

Come to think of it if you use the normal Friendly faction drag and drop to place all friendly CT items in the map it WILL place all of them when marching order is turned off. Just like the menu CT commands, those operate on everything in the CT per normal FGU.

Another video for my own entertainment...
    https://youtu.be/7zqdu8MaBNM

I guess it has some use as every time I make one of these I find bugs. You can safely ignore it for sure

V1.17 - Bug - When user identity was changed (in case controlling multiple characters) the client CT was not being updated. This would have an effect if using "Players only see same Friend/Foe" as that would only display the same faction as the user's current identity - and it would never refresh the CT to reflect the new identity change. Fixed.

During a massive battle test where I had tons of orcs vs tons of humans in about 10 different groups with 4 different factions (one of each flavor), I went to test in my test player by selecting each character and the client CT never updated as I changed my controlling PC (each with one of the 4 flavors of faction should have been displaying a different group of CT entries matching that PC's faction). The host had them all visible (a lot) - but as I was not even going to use the host to do anything having given control of all NPCs to the test player (which would only see his factions NPCs) that was what I was after.

V1.18 - Feature - added new option "Display Group on Map Token" defaulted to "off". When turned "on" this will change the CT entry map token name to have the current combat group name on the 2nd line after the CT entries name. This will be updated any time the CT filter is updated (includes changing group assignments or change of this option).

I resisted doing this for a long time because it was a pain in the neck to implement but I have surpassed my annoyance factor in not having this feature so have bitten the bullet and implemented it. Gist is - hover over CT entry map token and the group will be displayed under the name - if the option is turned on - which is off by default. It's instant change when you flip the option.

V1.19 - Feature - added new option "Players only see same Group" defaulted to "off". If set to on then all player's combat trackers will only be able to see the same combat group for their active identity (who they are playing as in combat tracker). This requires you to be logged into host with an active PC in combat tracker already to find the active combat group to filter the combat tracker with. If the host changes the option or any CT entry combat group the filter for that player will be triggered to redisplay their combat tracker with only matching combat group entries. This allows you to split the players into different combat groups (or with Assistant GM different NPCs) and battle each other where they can only see other tokens in the map if LOS/visibility allows them to. They will not see them in CT (just like if you had manually turned off visibility of NPCs in host - only it applies to everything based on combat group setting). As in everything I do, this is just a tool - use it in whatever way you like - or not.

Was working on my next session of SW5E and realized that limiting player CT by faction was not enough so now can also limit it by combat group also. You can off course double limit the player CT by faction and combat group (where the active charsheet identity is what is used as the limiting faction and combat group). No combat group defined then it does not do anything different than it normally would. No identity chosen yet and faction will default to friendly and combat groups will just not be limited.

Thread Information