FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 23 of 28 First ... 132122232425 ... Last
    V1.55 - Update - when using "Set Groups with Common Initiative (menu rolls only)" set to "on" it will always guarantee that the initial roll never has duplicates before it forces these common init settings. This prevents scrambled CT entries when they shared a common init roll. If carrier common init is used they will not be identical inits but still in sequence.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

V1.56 - Bug - have to stay in synch with ct.lua and clientct.lua CoreRPG where I need some changes since this has its own copy. Was out of synch.

V1.57 - Bug - the whole purpose of combat groups was to insure the CT on the client could display owned items, but I found if I turned off all filtering options - which I never run without - it causes an invisibility bug where an owned NPC/PC/VEHICLE will not be displayed in the CT. This is a bug in the land of Combat Groups. Fixed.

This has always been a bug since day 1 - just never had options I use off to notice it. Combat Groups should always respect ownership and display the PC/NCP/VEHICLE in client CT if they own it regardless of visibility.

Hey SilentRuin,
    I understand that this was written for 5E, love using it there, I also run other systems like AD&D 2E, Castles and Crusades, etc. I would love to have the functionality that this provides in other systems too, any chance of there being a wider audience of systems in this extensions future?

Quote Originally Posted by scoot138 View Post
    Hey SilentRuin,
    I understand that this was written for 5E, love using it there, I also run other systems like AD&D 2E, Castles and Crusades, etc. I would love to have the functionality that this provides in other systems too, any chance of there being a wider audience of systems in this extensions future?
    One of the most common questions I get about my extensions.

Here is the long answer I always give...

I only play in 5E and wrote all these extensions for my games, so its the only one I support. At one time I thought rulesets shared a common CoreRPG and tried to support extensions across them but found that in fact they all diverged and did their own thing so all of them required their own special way of doing things especially in the combat tracker. I'm not willing to figure each one out if I'm not using them myself, nor maintain them if I did. So sorry but there is no chance I'll support an extension used in a ruleset I don't play on (know and play to keep up with when it breaks - which it will).

Here is the short answer I always give...

Notm

If you use common init option - beware your numbers may be higher - just like the version info implies it will (to be unique init it has to be higher). For sure effects that adjust on initiative will respect the init that is placed when the effect is set (high or not) but if like me you use the roll every round option your still going to have issues with those. So if those adjustments on your effects are more important than turn order - for sure turn them off. It won't save you from the roll every round option messing you up regardless (if just raw FGU or common init is in play) unless you have Effective Initiative.

Plus if you turn on or off this effect after effect adjust on inits have been set - obviously they will not be correct (just like when you reroll init on round changes normally would not be).

Also fixed inits like lair ranges set to 20 or things like that would have to be modified by the DM to be more toward the top or bottom of your unique inits (or just don't use common init options).
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 30th, 2023 at 17:09.

Common init option is currently defaulted to on - going to change that to off - as I'm the only one that probably uses it in my campaigns and those are the defaults delivered in the extension - which is going to be more trouble than its worth. I'll just manually turn it on in any new campaigns for myself. No version change for this will appear.

V1.58 - Bug - with common init option the order was never really changing even though numbers generated were unique. This was because the number sample was generated based on random 20 and on large CT counts this was not a large enough random number sample to change the order. Now when common init option is set that init random number generator is based on current CT count so that sample is large enough to get unique numbers and change the order randomly. As usual with common init option you will see init much higher (if lots of CT entries visible or not). The CombatManager2.rollRandomInit code override is shared between carrier and combat groups extensions.

I used to have this extension, (Bought on DMs guild) and used to DM last year with it. Do i have to buy it again in Forge to get the updates? I'm getting combat tracker errors with it

Quote Originally Posted by Henrique Oliveira Machado View Post
    I used to have this extension, (Bought on DMs guild) and used to DM last year with it. Do i have to buy it again in Forge to get the updates? I'm getting combat tracker errors with it
    I update DMsG for all my extensions. Just keep it updated from DMsG like you would anything else. This thread will always tell you when I update it. And if your out of date from not tracking this thread or DMsG updates - don’t do that. Keep it updated.

Thread Information