STAR TREK 2d20

Ideas on how to combine both LoS and Custom Masks in FG Unity Mapping tools

Morning,

So my group really likes the LoS feature in the new Unity mapping tools, but once they discover the area and leave it, it can cause issues with people losing track of where others are at, etc. Was wondering if there is a way to enable a custom mask for each room to make it visible once it is discovered, but keep LoS enabled for new areas. Be nice if it was toggle like doors.

Blog Entries
    Areas that have been explored are still visible to the players, just greyed out some so they know they can not currently see it.

If you always want all players to see each other even when not in LOS of each other, you can turn on the GM option Party Vision and Movement.

But I'm not sure that's what you are thinking?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks, that will be a helpful addition. I was thinking of just making the area visible like if you had a mask on the area and removed it. Will try your suggestion though.

Blog Entries
    You can do a mask, but removing it doesn't grant LOS. Basically if either LOS or Mask blocks vision, then you can't see that part of the map. Or think of it this way, you can combine a Mask with LOS to restrict vision to a limited distance, but not to reveal LOS blocked areas.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You can do a mask, but removing it doesn't grant LOS. Basically if either LOS or Mask blocks vision, then you can't see that part of the map. Or think of it this way, you can combine a Mask with LOS to restrict vision to a limited distance, but not to reveal LOS blocked areas.
    Makes sense - Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Areas that have been explored are still visible to the players, just greyed out some so they know they can not currently see it.

If you always want all players to see each other even when not in LOS of each other, you can turn on the GM option Party Vision and Movement.

But I'm not sure that's what you are thinking?
    Party Vision and Movement ? I didn't know that. What does it do exactly ?
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonheels View Post
    Party Vision and Movement ? I didn't know that. What does it do exactly ?
    It allows a player to see the aggregate LOS of all friendly tokens, and it allows a player select a friendly tokens and see the LOS for that token. It allows a player to select and move any friendly token.

Thanks a lo for the explanation!
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Thread Information