5E Character Create Playlist

LOS - Can a Player "see through the eyes" of an NPC?

I know how to give a player "control" of an NPC by dragging the marker from the initiative tracker onto the player character's portrait, but that allows them only to click their abilities, attacks and damages (for a 5e ruleset character), and not move them around or "see through their eyes".

What I'm trying to achieve is the following: under D&D 5e rules, a Wizard that obtained a familiar through the "Find Familiar" spell can "see through the familiar's eyes and hear through his ears"; when I use a map with LOS, though, I can't find a way to make our wizard player click on his familiar icon and... see the LOS of the familiar.
    Is this functionality not implemented yet or am I missing something?

Blog Entries
    If using an NPC, you have to turn on the option Party Vision and Movement. But that will give all players the ability to see all LOS from all friendly tokens (and move them).

But, you can have the player create and own a second PC, for the familiar. Then they can switch which PC is active and have the appropriate vision.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

We have tried creating secondary PCs to use as familiars: we quickly got stuck when trying to replicate special attacks and damages that the creatures used as familiars already have coded in, like the Pseudodragon's sting and venom, or the pounce attack of a panther. I suppose it's just a matter of finding the right keywords to use in the Actions' effect, but even then it's really counter intuitive from just selecting the creature from the monster's list and use that.

Blog Entries
    I get it. It's a trade off.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information