FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 12 First ... 56789 ... Last
    I've been watching the tutorial videos and I was debating posting on there or here but I chose here since the Youtube videos were more to show off the abilities of the program you're using to build the ruleset. Something I wanted to let you know about the rules is that when you roll a natural 10 or a natural 1 that next die roll only explodes once, if you roll an additional 1 or 10 it stops there and you don't accumulate more so I was wondering if that might be factored in later or not.
    Also after character creation you can buy into more than one Role, so your main Role is the last one you increased (as you're actively working on that skillset) but you could have multiple Role skills for your character and I was wondering if there might be a better place to add that to the character sheet to keep track of that. Maybe keeping what's on the main sheet at the top as your current "Role" but adding a place for all of your Role skill ranks to be all in one place?
    Something else I thought of is there are weapon qualities that can change your to-hit numbers rolled with certain weapons and Techs can invent modifications for weapons that do any number of things. So having a place to put numbered modifiers for weapons attacks and damage rolls would be extremely useful as well.
    Last edited by Saeval; January 3rd, 2021 at 10:13.

Blog Entries
    Hi Saeval - thanks for the info

I swear I had read the dice rolling so many times... nonetheless you are correct. At this stage Im just using a built in FGU dice roller which also doesnt handle fails either so I will need to work on the actual dice later on.

Someone else also pointed out that you can change Roles. The official character sheet has no support for this and that is what I initially started with. I will add support for additional roles at some point.

Yep. The current ranged attacks is a first pass only. Most likely the deeper into the system I get the more complex this are will become! Would every field need to be able to have a modifier to it? Eg could there be a skill that gives you +1/+1/+2/+2/+3/+3 on Sniper Rifle ranges meaning you cant apply a single modifiier? What would you suggest?

Appreciate the extra info.

With the scopes available in the game giving bonuses only after certain ranges it might be nice to add something where you have the rollable values for the DV’s. Even if it’s something as simple as a flat bonus using the scroll wheel and adding whatever attachment descriptions in the inventory.

The Excellent Weapon quality gives a static +1 at all ranges so it might be nice to have a general modifier box for ease and simplicity on top of the range specific bonuses but it could also just be done with a +1 for each range. It seems like all bonuses stack unlike lots of other games (my group plays a lot of pathfinder) so unless it specifically says it doesn’t stack we might need a single modifier box for all ranges and then the ability to modify each range attack roll specifically for scopes and whatever else comes along in the future.

I haven’t finished watching the video series so I haven’t seen how far along you’ve gotten but do you have the ability to do Autofire weapon rolls yet?
    The short version is they have they’re own range DV table and the damage is a few dice multiplied by how much you beat the DV up to a maximum.

For example an assault rifle auto fire has a DV of 20 we’ll say at a certain range so you roll a 24, then you roll 2d6 for damage and multiply the result by 4 before taking armor into account since you got 4 above the DV. Assault rifles have a maximum multiplier of x5 so if you rolled a 26+ it wouldn’t matter it would cap at 2d6x5.

I realize this is pretty different from most other systems and I’m not sure the most efficient way to handle it while also considering ease of use, space on the character sheet, and the ability to modify the values since a Tech role can literally invent whatever they and the GM can agree on as a special item. So even though all auto fire damage is 2d6 right now there’s nothing in the rules that stops them from inventing a heavy machine gun that does 2d6+2 with a certain max multiplier as an example or a cool sight that gives a bonus within the first few range increments.

This Is great! I am really tempted to follow along and make a red ruleset myself cause i'd love to have one to play with my group. But beyond that, is their a good place to get a primer on the coding options in fantasy grounds? I have near zero experience coding (I can read a sql script and tell what it is supposed to do but would be hosed trying to figure out how to make it do it on my own.) your videos are excellent and you explain how to manipulate the software very well. will be picking up the ruleset wizard next time i get cash for sure. I am a huge fan of off the beaten path RPG systems and this would enable me to bring some of them to the virtual table top.

Any news from the publisher?
    (hope intensifies)
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Any news from the publisher?
    (hope intensifies)
    Nothing official obviously but I’ve been tagging RTalsorian Games on Twitter about a collaboration with Fantasy Grounds and they’ve started liking that tweet. No response yet but I will not give up!

I have just seen screenshots of Cyberpunk Ruleset for FG in the Facebook group to my huge surprise & frustration. I have never been more disappointed, I hope we won't have another game butchered.

https://nerdeyeindustries.com/forums...-Cyberpunk-Red
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I have just seen screenshots of Cyberpunk Ruleset for FG in the Facebook group to my huge surprise & frustration. I have never been more disappointed, I hope we won't have another game butchered.

https://nerdeyeindustries.com/forums...-Cyberpunk-Red
    What do you mean by butchered? Seems pretty legit to me! Actually i would like to have it like that RIGHT NOW!

What is Nerd Eye Industries?
    The picture of the character sheet looks decent but with definite room for improvement but isn’t what’s being worked on by Damned. I’ve watched his videos on YouTube and he’s taking a different approach to laying out things it seems.

Thread Information