Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last
    Completely agree. There aren't even any commercial IDEs that can match all the functions and features of VS, at least in my mind anyways. MS has made a great product and it is in a league of its own.

Actually just the drag and drop and WYSIWYG UI editing I think is the biggest draw for me as I hate trying to "draw" by coding in XML. Such a tedius task. Any code integration is just a bonus in my personal opinion but maybe that's because I have a background in coding and others would feel differently.

@Damned
    The Ruleset Wizard tutorials are really useful. Not just as a "how to use RuleWizard", but also for learning Fantasy Grounds in general. The advantage these tutorials have over all the other tutorials I've watched/read is that these RuleWizard Tutorials do a much better job at visualizing the relationship between the code/xml/graphics and the Fantasy Grounds Application. Almost every tutorial I've seen to date is essentially 1) Verbal Explanation of End Result > 2) Code > 3) End Result, where as these are 1) Visualized Output 2) Explanation of Functionality needed to achieve it 3) Code 4) End Result. It might not seem like a big difference, but visualizing the process in advance of writing the code is a big difference for visual learners.

Something you may want to consider adding at the end of each tutorial is a side by side comparison of the xml output inside the .pak file to the end result in fantasy grounds. Reviewing the output in the XML format and pointing to what it did in fantasy grounds can really drive concepts home for visual learners. The other thing you might consider (if your editing your videos before posting them) is showing the end result in fantasy grounds before building it inside RuleWizard.

Blog Entries
    Welcome QuorumOf4

Thanks for the feedback. Im a hack at this FG stuff and at making videos too. I like that idea of showing the end result at the start. The next two videos are already loaded up so it will have to be Video 5 where I try that.
    Video #4 is a bit heavy going. Video 5 will be less daunting.

I purchased the Wizard and looking forward to playing around with it. I have two questions:
    1. I have always wished for a larger character portrait window on the CS. Is it possible, since we are basically creating the CS from scratch, to create a portrait window that is 3-5x larger than the current one (allowing full body portraits, for example)? Or are the current portrait sizes hard wired at a deeper level in the software?
    2. Is it possible to include an image on the CS? For example, the HarnMaster CS has a handy armor/hit location image on the CS that I would like to implement. Not necessary, but a nice to have. See image below.
    Harn CS image.jpg

Blog Entries
    Ive not really looked at that before but -
    The section that portrait lives in is common to every tab on the Charsheet so you would lose that larger portrait space on all tabs unless you moved it to another part of teh charsheet. There is Lua code in there to handle resizing of the image as well so that would require investigation. It is not something that the RW can do for you without you understanding the code.

For the body location image that should be quite straight forward.
    Either add it as a frame or an icon and send to back. Place other elements over the top if needed.

Is this really something?

I have that "it sounds almost to good to be true" vibe to it. I will how ever check out the free demo version.. see it in action.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post
    Is this really something?

I have that "it sounds almost to good to be true" vibe to it. I will how ever check out the free demo version.. see it in action.
    Watch the videos.
    It wont/cant do everything for you but it can make the xml editing much easier and with some examples you can see how easy/hard it is to add some underlying automation.
    And its being actively developed so supporting the creator will help him to continue improving it.
    A new build just dropped and I know that right now he is looking at ways to make coding rolls from the GUI possible.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Watch the videos.
    It wont/cant do everything for you but it can make the xml editing much easier and with some examples you can see how easy/hard it is to add some underlying automation.
    And its being actively developed so supporting the creator will help him to continue improving it.
    A new build just dropped and I know that right now he is looking at ways to make coding rolls from the GUI possible.
    I really want too, but its 50 Pounds, so roughly 100 Dollars Cad for a alpha program..

Thats a hard dent in the wallet though.. Where I am not working anymore due to stupid pandemics worldwide... But if I spend that money on it, I need it to work and work well.. so.. I will keep watching the videos and see.. Hmmm, groceries for a week or a XML front end coding machine.. hmmm.. The XML Machine!

How did you determine the size of your frames (fieldlight, fielddark, numberbox, etc). Does it matter? I'm referring to the originals you made in GIMP, I know the wizard will allow you to change size and shape.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post
    I really want too, but its 50 Pounds, so roughly 100 Dollars Cad for a alpha program..

Thats a hard dent in the wallet though.. Where I am not working anymore due to stupid pandemics worldwide... But if I spend that money on it, I need it to work and work well.. so.. I will keep watching the videos and see.. Hmmm, groceries for a week or a XML front end coding machine.. hmmm.. The XML Machine!
    No choice there. If its a choice between eating and coding you better eat!

Thread Information