STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    It's 2 people, 2 computers, same location. One clicks on the cloud broker and the other types in an IP. The result was the same no matter how they attempted the connection (both IP, both cloud, etc).

Damned - Am I missing something here?

The system is set up so that Cloud mode games are connected via Cloud connection using GM's FG user name; and the LAN mode games are connected to using IP address. If you are connecting otherwise, then you may get unexpected behaviors. (i.e. GMs using Cloud mode should not be giving out IP address to connect to.)

Were you able to get the log files?

Regards,
    JPG

Right...I wouldn't normally do that direct IP but desperate times and all.... we were troubleshooting. It seemed to have no variance on behavior.

So...I guess I'm confused as to how to get the logs. I thinking was hit the compile logs button on the launcher but every time my logs seem to be just for that session (losing everything before that day). What am I doing wrong?

You need to hit the Compile Logs button on both the GM and player right after you have any connection errors. Once you restart FG, it moves the log files to backup, and erases the backup logs.

The GM can open the console by typing /console at the tabletop; and the player can access using the button in the upper left of launch screen.

Regards,
    JPG

Logs sent to [email protected]

Definitely still having the issue.

Sorry to bother you guys but wondering if there is any upcoming resolution to this before I schedule this weekend's session?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Mancino View Post
    Sorry to bother you guys but wondering if there is any upcoming resolution to this before I schedule this weekend's session?
    Hello everyone involved.

I have forwarded the logs to our Network Engineer Steven so he can get a look at them. He will reply in the ticket to whoever sent in the logs.
    David Middleton
    SmiteWorks USA, LLC

Links:
    Fantasy Grounds: https://www.fantasygrounds.com
    Fantasy Grounds Forums: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/community/
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/fantasygrounds
    Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+Fantasygrounds/posts
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/fantasygrounds2
    Fantasy Grounds Wishlist: FG Wish List - https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

@Tommy Mancino,

We did not get the logs from you. The ones you posted previously are the system event logs; which aren't relevant to FG networking.

Can you please get the logs from both the GM and player side immediately after a connection attempt or existing connection fails?

(You can get the full FG logs on the GM side by typing /console at the tabletop, and pressing the Compile Logs button.)
    (You can get the player logs by the same method (if at the tabletop) or by pressing the console button in the upper left of the launch/connect screens and then pressing the Compile Logs button.)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @Tommy Mancino,

We did not get the logs from you. The ones you posted previously are the system event logs; which aren't relevant to FG networking.
    It is in an earlier post.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @Tommy Mancino,

Can you please get the logs from both the GM and player side immediately after a connection attempt or existing connection fails?

(You can get the full FG logs on the GM side by typing /console at the tabletop, and pressing the Compile Logs button.)
    (You can get the player logs by the same method (if at the tabletop) or by pressing the console button in the upper left of the launch/connect screens and then pressing the Compile Logs button.)

Regards,
    JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Mancino View Post
    It is in an earlier post.
    Post #1 have FGU logs posted.

Tommy, can you verify these are the logs from immediately after the connection issue exists?

Just trying to reduce the amount of time the devs have to spend isolating the issue.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information