5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Yes, to the best of my knowledge they are. This was a week ago, but I believe I waited until it happened again before grabbing those logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Mancino View Post
    Sorry to bother you guys but wondering if there is any upcoming resolution to this before I schedule this weekend's session?
    Thanks for sending the event viewer logs, unfortunately, I don't think that was the right set of events. As I mentioned before, I am able to replicate the exact error message in your logs by simulating a network disconnect. When that happens, Windows logs event ID 4004 to the Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Network Profile > Operational log. The quickest way to eliminate this as the root cause is to check that log again for event ID 4004 during the timeframe you were experiencing disconnects. I attached a screenshot so you know what it should look like.

Another option is to try connecting with a wired connection and see if you have the same issue.

network-event-log-screenshot.PNG

I haven't heard anything more via email..... I assume this is still an ongoing issue? I only had 1 of the 2 at the same location last night so it wasn't tested again.

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    I haven't heard anything more via email..... I assume this is still an ongoing issue? I only had 1 of the 2 at the same location last night so it wasn't tested again.
    It more likely an issue with the network ... I'm currently connected to a cloud game from two laptops using the same connection without issue, both of which connected by punch-through just like your users. Would you mind messaging me on Discord (smelton#0068) so we can run some tests?

I'm going to turn you over to the people actually having the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    I'm going to turn you over to the people actually having the issue.
    Sure... however, it could be an issue on either side... i.e. your router or theirs

Try to disable IPv6 on both computers:

Try to decrease MTU size in the router or both computer:

https://kb.netgear.com/19863/Ping-Te...Size-on-Router
    https://support.purevpn.com/how-to-c...-vista-7-and-8

Blog Entries
    I wouldnt disable IPv6 as some of the FGU components use IPv6 if available.
    It could be MTU but that seems unlikely if each can connect if they are the only one connecting from that location.
    Certainly it could be MTU if both are having issues connecting from that location.

It's not an issue with IPv6 - both users are connecting using IPv4. Even if it was, I'd rather find and fix the problem then ask users to disable it. It's not MTU - the keep-alive packets are not large enough.

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    I can replicate the issue if I switch wifi networks (i.e. switching from my home connection to a hotspot). Do you have multiple wifi networks and/or multiple access points?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Mancino View Post
    Yes 2.4ghz and 5ghz
    Do you have "Netgear Smart Connect" enabled by chance? It will use the same SSID for all WiFi bands and any clients will switch between them automatically based on signal quality. If so, it may be worth trying to disable it (though it will require changing the SSID for other bands).

https://kb.netgear.com/25346/What-is...ghthawk-router
    Last edited by Ecks; December 8th, 2020 at 05:08.

Thread Information