FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Massive Connectivity Problem 2 players same House

I am on Cox internet and told I have no service side security features....... My son and I are, as of a month ago, not able to be connected to the same GM at the same time. No other players have a problem, nor is it an issue if one of us hosts the game as GM. I am attaching the logs in the hopes someone can figure out wtf. Killing our weekly game as one of us logging in causes the other to kick the other one out (randomly). This seems to start 20 - 45 minutes into a session, then intermittently so it isn't a basic configure problem. I have turned of Ddos protection on our relatively new nether router (as I know this could be the source of the issue). Player and GM logs attached in hopes of figuring out something......
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you for submitting logs. I'll take a look and see what I can find. You mentioned a new router; did that come before or after the issues began?

I can not say for sure, but of course I am suspicious of the router. It did detect a Ddos attempt while playing, but the problems still continue even after that feature is disabled. The odd thing is that we are both able to play for a while, then one or the other as kicked out of the game. Usually (but not always) the kicked player logging back in , then kicks the other player (in the same house/network) out of the game. Which is just weird......... makes me think it is an IP allocation issue or something?
    Last edited by Tommy Mancino; November 30th, 2020 at 15:28.

Blog Entries
    What about QoL or Flood Protection? Also no Advanced Security provided by your ISP via a web portal?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm working on trying to replicate the issue. Are you on a wired or wireless connection?

Just to eliminate the possibility of it being a network reset issue, would you mind submitting the Windows Event Log entries for the network:

1. Click Windows button and type Event Log
    2. On the left, select Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Network Profile > Operational
    3. On the right, select the entries from 11/29/2020 3:12:56 PM and 11/29/2020 5:07:59 PM, and if any, right-click and select Save Selected Events..., save and submit

Thanks

I can replicate the issue if I switch wifi networks (i.e. switching from my home connection to a hotspot). Do you have multiple wifi networks and/or multiple access points?

This is happening to two people I play with (from the same house) and it just started 2-3 weeks ago. Directly following an FGU update that had the big network change warning on it. Previous to that update there was no issues.

My first assumption was NOT that it was anything on the FGU end and it was something they did....however after investigating the local network setup and discovering they made 0 changes from one week to the next, all I'm left with is the FGU update as the cause.

Doesn't entirely rule out an ISP change but they are on Comcast so that means 2 ISPs made changes at the same time...possible, but not where I'd place my bet at.

Edit: Some differences from the OP's post though: One of them gets tossed out with in a minute of the other connecting.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    What about QoL or Flood Protection? Also no Advanced Security provided by your ISP via a web portal?
    I will check these (Netgear) but I do not think they are active.
    Last edited by Tommy Mancino; December 1st, 2020 at 16:09.

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    I'm working on trying to replicate the issue. Are you on a wired or wireless connection?

Just to eliminate the possibility of it being a network reset issue, would you mind submitting the Windows Event Log entries for the network:

1. Click Windows button and type Event Log
    2. On the left, select Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Network Profile > Operational
    3. On the right, select the entries from 11/29/2020 3:12:56 PM and 11/29/2020 5:07:59 PM, and if any, right-click and select Save Selected Events..., save and submit

Thanks
    From both he GM and Player?

Thread Information