DICE PACKS BUNDLE

DMGO effect not counting the rounds right (I think)

Hi all, sorry if this is not the proper place to post this. Maybe a moderator can move it to where it's supposed to be.
    I have a question regarding the DMGO effect. I'll use an example of my problem. I have a character casting acid arrow at initiative 15 of round 1. I apply the 2d4 damage from the spell and then I apply the effect "DMGO: 2d4 acid" to the target with a duration of 2 rounds which is the additional ticks of the spell. That means that the target at rounds 2 and 3 should get the additional 2d4 damage on it's turn. The problem I have is that when my target is at an initiative lower than mine, let's say 10, he takes the first additional tick that he should get on round 2 on his turn on round 1. Is that how it should work or am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by elef View Post
    Hi all, sorry if this is not the proper place to post this. Maybe a moderator can move it to where it's supposed to be.
    I have a question regarding the DMGO effect. I'll use an example of my problem. I have a character casting acid arrow at initiative 15 of round 1. I apply the 2d4 damage from the spell and then I apply the effect "DMGO: 2d4 acid" to the target with a duration of 2 rounds which is the additional ticks of the spell. That means that the target at rounds 2 and 3 should get the additional 2d4 damage on it's turn. The problem I have is that when my target is at an initiative lower than mine, let's say 10, he takes the first additional tick that he should get on round 2 on his turn on round 1. Is that how it should work or am I doing something wrong?
    Yes, I think this is how it works. So, such things are normally done at the target's round, not at whatever initiative the caster is When you are worried about that the total number of ticks is different, then no worries, it should be always the same; since when the target has lower initiative, then the effect will expire in round 3 before the target acts (because the duration is lowered at the turn/initiative of the caster)

Don't be confused by rounds, they just describe the number of how often someone was actor The spell basically just affects the target twice at the beginning of their turn After it ticked twice it basically expires (when it was the caster's turn)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 30th, 2020 at 00:07.

Thread Information