Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

cannot connect to my groups games anymore

My fantasy grounds continues to start slowly downlaoding files when I try to connect to my groups games, it either stops halfway or doesn’t even get to that point of downloading files. This wasn’t a problem for a little bit but something changed and the above started happening about 4 weeks ago.

I should say I’m running fantasy grounds classic demo from steam to connect to a fantasy grounds classic ultimate edition run game on a port forwarded server, on windows 10 and my user name is blaz3r77.

So far we have tried turning off the firewall to sign in, turning off the real time windows defender virus feature, and reinstalling the game multiple times.

Blog Entries
    What ISP is your GM on?
    If they are on Cox, Comcast, Shaw or Xfinity they may be unwittingly blocking you.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

Do you have another computer you can test from?
    Do you have another network location you can test from?

Can you connect to any other GM successfully?

blaz3r77 Welcome!

I agree with damned it could easily be a problem with the DM's ISP. I would start with everything he is saying.

You should not need to do anything with port forwarding unless you are the DM hosting the session so I would remove that out of your firewall.

When you have reinstalled have you made sure the directory is completely gone and no old files ? Also can you have your DM make a new campaign and see if you can connect into it or he could copy the existing campaign but rename it.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Hey I'm one of the dms for Blaz3r77 and as far as me and my roommate can see we have nothing blocking the port to allow him in. We are using Spectrum and I've checked the router while my roommate has check the account, we don't have anything filtering or blocking the port. As well as other players are able to connect no problem. I'll try copying the existing campaign and renaming it and see if that works, but other than that is there anything else that we might do?

Edit: For the record there are at least 4 campaigns he is part of between myself and my roommate, and he can't connect to any of them. Everyone else is able to connect fine.
    Last edited by Zahn_Corso; November 30th, 2020 at 03:09.

So after trying all these solutions we have still not been able to get Blaz3r77 to connect to either my campaigns or my roommates. We have even turned the firewall's off on both ends to see if that might help. Nothing has changed, what can we do to fix this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahn_Corso View Post
    So after trying all these solutions we have still not been able to get Blaz3r77 to connect to either my campaigns or my roommates. We have even turned the firewall's off on both ends to see if that might help. Nothing has changed, what can we do to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Do you have another computer you can test from?
    Do you have another network location you can test from?

Can you connect to any other GM successfully?
    I dont see these questions having been answered.

I haven't answered those questions because those are questions for Blaz3r77. I have asked him to reply and answer you.

I play in four campaigns between two gms through the same port.
    I don't have another network to play on but I've done everything possible to see if that was an issue including restarting my router and the group collectively trying to get me back into the games with everything they know.
    I had a previous laptop that i was able to connect to the group with however it stopped connecting and had virtually the same issue as I am having now with my newer and more powerful desktop.

I type in the IP address and my name then hit connect in the fantasy grounds launcher, it gives me a sliver of downloading files and then it stops and resets to the loaders main screen
    on the other side they see me connect and then I disappear.

anything you can think of?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi can you connect to my cloud server - GM name is damned and I think the campaign is HFd6
    They're using FG Classic.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information