DICE PACKS BUNDLE

IFT: and MAP requires us to hit the MA# Modifier Buttons? / Range Detection Script?

Greetings! Sorry if this has been covered somewhere, these forums' search function aren't the best =P

One of my players is a Ranger who took the Hunter's Edge: Flurry feature, which when he designates a target as a 'Hunted Prey', he gets bonuses (or rather, less harsh penalties) to his 2nd and 3rd attacks against said target on turns. So I've been trying to work out how to get either of the "IFT: CUSTOM (Hunt Prey); MAP: -3" or "IFT: CUSTOM (Hunt Prey); MAP2: +2; MAP3: +4" and "Hunt Prey" scripts to work. It took me forever to figure it out, but eventually I got it; it relies on us still using the MA# Modifier Buttons. The MAP: -3 requires the player to exclusively use their first 'to hit die' on all of their attacks, and instead utilize the MA# buttons. And the MAP2/3 versions let them use the 2nd and 3rd 'to hit' dice, but again still with the appropriate MA# button clicked.

Either way, it kind of sucks; I sort of figured that the players, by using the default character screen with the 3 columns of attacks indicating their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd+ attacks, those 2nd and 3rd attack buttons would negate me or the player having to hit the MA# Modifier button. Is there any way around this? I can see in the chat window that the game recognizes it to be [ATTACK #2] or [ATTACK #3] when rolling the respective to hit dice, so I tried an effect of "ATK2: 2" but it didn't work unfortunately.

Also, completely separate but while I'm posting, there's no way for the game to recognize the range of a target for the sake of To Hit modifiers, is there? Both for if beyond a weapon's range, or also while doing this I noticed that Longbows have the Volley trait that makes them harder to hit with if the target is within 30 feet. That'd be nice to be able to automate; "IFT: <= 30; ATK: -2", or so on. This one I understand is a bit of a long shot, but you never know, haha.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Screenshot with examples - https://imgur.com/a/XLHkL3T
    Last edited by JkCaron; November 28th, 2020 at 18:10. Reason: Added screenshot

Welcome to the FG forums!

The MAP effects are specifically designed to *not* impact the second and third attack columns on a PC sheet, so that each attach of a weapon can be setup exactly how the PC needs it. MAP is specifically designed to work with the MAP buttons (which are in multiple places - the CT, the modifiers window and can be dragged to a hotkey slot).

Some further information can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post508118

There is currently no range tracking in the ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah, got it! That makes sense, keeping them separate. Okay, thanks for the info, very helpful! And I'll start perusing the ruleset threads then for more info.

Too bad on the range tracking. Any plans to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by JkCaron View Post
    Too bad on the range tracking. Any plans to do so?
    It's been done to some level in a couple of other rulesets. I've glanced at it and, as expected, it's not a simple think to migrate into the PFRPG2 ruleset. I have it in the back of my mind to look into more at some point.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information