DICE PACKS BUNDLE

What is the recommended grid size/type for optimal play and how to count movement?

The imperial system strikes again. What is the recommended grid size/type for optimal play and how to count movement?

The rulebook: Standard Pace is 6, which means six tabletop inches per game round. Each inch is two yards in the real world. Later it says that climb, crawl, swim etc counts as 2" of pace, rather than 1".

So, how to properly translate this to FGC/FGU?
    • Square grid
    • One square = 1"?
    • One square = 1 pace?

It seems to me that 1 square grid with 1" per square renders all templates properly and does look good with ranged weapons. Each character moves too much IMO ~10 meters per action if we compare to the real world. Do you count 1 square = 1 pace/1" or 1 square = 2 pace/2"?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I think hexagon and 100% transparency and locked token is a good choice if we are talking about Savage Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I think hexagon and 100% transparency and locked token is a good choice if we are talking about Savage Worlds.
    Interesting. Worth exploring. And what is the hex size for the pointers and templates? I have read here that there are issues with the hexes.

Also - Pinnacle go with squares on their maps.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

The scale in Savage Worlds is actually 1:72, whereas the D&D 1" = 5' scale that most maps are built upon is 1:60. That said, the difference between the 2 is small enough that IME you can use those 1:60 maps for SW without issues. So yeah, this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    • Square grid
    • One square = 1"?
    • One square = 1 pace?
    ...works just fine.

I've found it also works fine for hexagon maps that are 1" from hex face to hex face.

I use it on the 50x50 scale, 1 measure per hexagon and if I'm not mistaken the measurement error has been corrected.

Thread Information