Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Non CT tokens cover CT NPCs

Aloha!

Tokens not on the CT are placed underneath PC tokens, but on top of CT NPC tokens, thus covering them (completely if bigger). Normal token stacking is not applied then.

Is this supposed to happen? Should we wait for a fix or just forget about it? Please let us know.

Token stacking will eventually be addressed so that tokens are stacked by ownership, then last moved by user.

Use of tokens for effects will always be problematic, because they exist in the same space as all other tokens. We recommend using a pointer or a separate image layer for any effects you want to place on the map.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the answer. Let me clarify: in my example the "pit" token is just a normal token dragged and dropped from the Assets window. Tokens placed on the map in this way keep covering CT NPCs.

Using pointers is only of limited use for Pathfinder, because FG pointers cover different areas/squares than defined by PF rules.

Using image layers is a possibility, but organizing and handling them is more cumbersome and they cannot be owned/moved by players. Or can they? Those spell token extensions are really fancy and comfortable for these kind of things, but having them cover all NPCs makes them rather useless for the time being.

Blog Entries
    Assets added to an image layer are not able to be manipulated by players, only the GM.

I've thought about a wish list item for token layers or different stacking behavior, but not sure what behavior would be ideal as well as I understand different people would probably want different behavior. That and it just hasn't become more than a very occasional issue for us.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There is the Spell Token extension (on this forum) and the Token Stacking extension (on DMS Guild) that allow players good control. But since currently any Assets token put on the map covers those CT NPCs for both GMs and players I don't make any use of all those spell token assets I bought.

The SW shop is selling spell template tokens. I would love to use these as tokens. But as long as this bug is not fixed they are useless, because the cover all NPC tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    The SW shop is selling spell template tokens. I would love to use these as tokens. But as long as this bug is not fixed they are useless, because the cover all NPC tokens.
    Be aware the templates are images designed to be used with the map layers. They're not tokens.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    You can use your tokens, just past them on the map as stamp. Here is an example of a fireball token. Just tell your players to show the location of the spell via (ctrl(right+left click)) then put yourself the token on the location by stamping it. Then the player remove the location (another right+left click).FantasyGrounds_u7D29KPMuy.png.

Quote Originally Posted by Egheal View Post
    You can use your tokens, just past them on the map as stamp. Here is an example of a fireball token. Just tell your players to show the location of the spell via (ctrl(right+left click)) then put yourself the token on the location by stamping it. Then the player remove the location (another right+left click)..
    I think he wants the token on the map as a token so the players can interact with them - rather than adding them to a layer; which only the DM can control.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information