5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I have Fantasy Grounds Classic Ultimate License and want to upgrade to Fantasy Grounds Unity Ultimate License. But when I click on the email link it takes me to the FG page and it shows the FGU Ultimate Liences with only a 10% - discount even though my Steam account is linked and my order history shows the Ultimate License. I also tried getting the upgrade on Steam, but it's showing two products that I have to buy FG Unity AND the FG Classic to Unity Ultimate License upgrade AND it's only 46% off! BUT, when I go to the FG shop and click on the Ultimate License, it's showing the Fantasy Grounds Unity - Ultimate License only, so I'm not sure why on Steam I would have to pay extra and still don't get the 50% off.

All I want is to get the FGU Ultimate License with the advertised 50% off shown in the email, any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    As I said, only support can fix this. Instead of waiting for them to happen across this thread. Someone should email them a link to this thread along with more info as to what's going on etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have sent an email (First didn't want to because I thought they may already get a lot of emails about that, but now I was not sure anymore and so I have sent a link to this thread )

I also sent an email

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I have sent an email (First didn't want to because I thought they may already get a lot of emails about that, but now I was not sure anymore and so I have sent a link to this thread )
    I also sent an email and then I followed up with a link to this thread. Hopefully someone is on it soon.

With the broken pricing on Steam, it turns out that it's actually cheaper to buy the FG Unity Standard plus Ultimate upgrade than to upgrade an existing FG Classic Standard license. There's actually a penalty for trying to upgrade a FG Classic license.

For example, using AUD prices.

Buy without any upgrade -
    FG Unity Standard = $51.25 (Includes 10% discount)
    FG Unity Ultimate Upgrade = $134.95 (Includes 10% discount)
    Total = $186.20

Upgrade existing FG Classic Standard -
    FG Ultimate Upgrade = $149.95
    FG Unity Ultimate Upgrade = $134.95 (Includes 10% discount)
    Total = $201.69 (Includes 40% discount)

I hope the FG team sort this out soon, or at least extend the time for the offer as there's something really wrong here.

Just for completeness here's the breakdown on a FG Classic Standard to FG Unity Standard upgrade

Total = $41.00 (Includes 20% discount)

The problem here is that it's only a 20% discount, whereas the email states that a 40% discount will be applied.
    Last edited by eastsydneyboy; November 28th, 2020 at 01:28.

Curious as to why in your 2nd example, you've upgrading FGC Standard to FGC Ultimate first, then buying the Classic -> Unity on both halves?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    Curious as to why in your 2nd example, you've upgrading FGC Standard to FGC Ultimate first, then buying the Classic -> Unity on both halves?
    It's not a choice. This is what Steam presents as a bundle if you already have FG Classic Standard.

You're right though, it would be better to do it in 2 separate purchases.

1. Upgrade FG Classic Standard to FG Unity Standard. Hopefully get 10% plus 40% discount on this.
    2. Upgrade FG Unity Standard to FG Unity Ultimate with a 10% discount.

Doing it this way is cheaper than the bundle that Steam presents.
    Last edited by eastsydneyboy; November 28th, 2020 at 01:41.

What if you purchased an FGC Standard -> FGU Standard first, then the FGU Standard -> FGU Ultimate upgrade? Isn't that your first scenario? Because the 2nd scenario would seem to get you to a different end state: You'd have Ultimate in both FGC _and_ FGU, no?

Oki, it seems to be adjusted now; but not with 50% discount, it is now rather like that e.g. first the 10% are applied and then the 40%, but the latter on the already 10%-reduced amount, (or vice versa) which means that the discount is now 46% Not sure whether this is intended
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 28th, 2020 at 04:42.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draithan View Post
    I am also not seeing the additional 40% off. In steam or the website. I have FGU Standard and want to upgrade to Ultimate, but not seeing a deal at all.
    The 40% off is for like for like upgrades.
    If you have FGC Standard and you want to upgrade to FGU standard you get 40% off
    If you have FGC Ultimate and you want to upgrade to FGU Ultimate you get 40% off

If you want to go from FGC standard to FGU Ultimate you either have to first upgrade to FGC Ultimate and then to FGU Ultimate or go FGC Standard to FGU Standard and then upgrade to FGU Ultimate
    You will only get the 40% off on the FGC to FGU step

Edit Sorry late to the thread and didnt see the second page

Thread Information