DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Restore fullscreen mode as setup UI option

dark theme in FGU, and I have a big white title bar - how to get back to full screen that FGC used to have?

MODERATOR: Moved to this thread from where the discussion started because it had nothing to do with the thread it was posted in. See Post #28 for the first post in this thread, all the other posts from the previously thread got placed earlier because of posting date (I assume). Sorry I don't know of a better way to organize this thread.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; November 27th, 2020 at 01:08.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    dark theme in FGU, and I have a big white title bar - how to get back to full screen that FGC used to have?
    FGU does not have full screen without the window title bar. Technical reasons.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    FGU does not have full screen without the window title bar. Technical reasons.
    So I should use another VTT if I want full screen without a windows bar? Plenty of Unity programs run full screen without title bars, the very purpose of full screen is to remove the window and require alt-tab to get back. It defeats the entire purpose of having a dark theme to fade the interface to the background so the map is the focus.

Blog Entries
    So I should use another VTT if I want full screen without a windows bar? Plenty of Unity programs run full screen without title bars, the very purpose of full screen is to remove the window and require alt-tab to get back. It defeats the entire purpose of having a dark theme to fade the interface to the background so the map is the focus.
    If it a requirement for you, then yes you are going to have to use another VTT because you can not do it with FGU.

All I can tell you is that the devs have said it is not something they can currently do in Unity because of technical reasons. Unlike others, I tend to not argue with the devs regarding what they can and can not do. I believe they are the experts in their software and if they say they have tried to do something but can't at the moment because of things our of their control, I believe them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

From one of the devs a while back (NOTE The bolded section):

There may be some misunderstanding of the multi-monitor support in Unity. It is used for fullscreen, non-windowed use of multiple monitors like you might find in an FPS or other game. This doesn't allow access to the desktop, or other folders. Expanding a window across multiple monitors is, of course, supported just like any windowed program.
    See also here and here.

NOTE that Full Screen means Full Screen, it completely takes over the desktop with no access to any other apps outside (without an ALT+TAB).

Moon Wizard did say they plan to revisit, if they can come up with a solution, I am sure they will implement it.

Because you mention dark theme, you probably do not like the white colour of the title bar?

In Windows you can go into the settings and change such colours, my title bar is black, and so I never really notice it anymore (the settings only change the colour for active/focused windows, it will be white again when you tab out of FGU, but there is an easy trick to change the colour for non-focused windows, too, which you can google if you want )

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    From one of the devs a while back (NOTE The bolded section):

See also here and here.

NOTE that Full Screen means Full Screen, it completely takes over the desktop with no access to any other apps outside (without an ALT+TAB).

Moon Wizard did say they plan to revisit, if they can come up with a solution, I am sure they will implement it.
    Was not talking about multi monitor support just full screen which the old version had on a single monitor. Even browser programs inherently support full screen modes. I could care less about using windows apps amongst FG windows that is what alt-tab quitting full screen is for. I could also care less about using the windows task bar when in full screen mode. This should be an option because apparently is was working in unity, but someone complained about not getting the task bar - when that is the very point of games and tools supporting full screen is you do not see the task bar.
    Last edited by yarnevk; November 26th, 2020 at 01:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Because you mention dark theme, you probably do not like the white colour of the title bar?

In Windows you can go into the settings and change such colours, my title bar is black, and so I never really notice it anymore (the settings only change the colour for active/focused windows, it will be white again when you tab out of FGU, but there is an easy trick to change the colour for non-focused windows, too, which you can google if you want )
    I already use the windows dark colors and already have dark window title bars. The title bar in FG is white and not my windows title bar color.

In a browser based tool even with dark theme if I do not want to waste the screen real estate on nothing I can bump them up to full screen and remove title/browser bars.
    Last edited by yarnevk; November 26th, 2020 at 01:16.

I already use the windows dark colors and already have dark window title bars. The title bar in FG is white and not my windows title bar color.
    I precisely meant the title bar in FG See the screenshot

Or about which title bar you are speaking?
    Attached Images Attached Images

the title bar of the window is white. can you be more specific about how you have windows set, because I do indeed have black title bars in Windows. This is just a maximized window it is not full screen so should be the same as all my other windows. Under settings personalization colors I have dark selected.
    Last edited by yarnevk; November 26th, 2020 at 01:25.

Thread Information