5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Common Library Addin Module.

Longarms posted a d20 Combat Cheat Sheet last year. I was looking for something small and useful to learn how build a FG2 client module with and I went ahead and used it to make a client module with a few changes. As the sheet was contributed originally, I felt it fair to contribute the module back to the community.

To use the module after downloading and unzipping it, put the mod file into your FG2 data folder in the modules folder. Start FG and then open the module to put it into your library. I'm not sure how to put the book next to the title in the library so if someone knows please tell me.

If you see any typos or mistakes let me know and I'll fix them. You do have to click on the catagories to open them as I used the new click to open interface.

Edit: here's a screenshot with the Full Round Actions clicked open:

Edit: Fixed the name in definition so it matches the one in client.
    Edit: Fixed the "doesn't" typo Acmer found and changed the client.xml to common.xml in case it starts working later.
    Edit: Added Turning to Stardard Actions an added all the d20 conditions.
    Edit: Fixed a messed up list in Confusion Condition.
    Edit: Added Run to Full Attack & Fight Defensively to Standard Actions.
    Last edited by Griogre; July 13th, 2007 at 21:27. Reason: Updated the mod file download.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    I'm not sure how to put the book next to the title in the library so if someone knows please tell me.
    The file has to be named "thumbnail.png" - zip it into the root of the .mod
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:
    WFRP2 for FGI, WFRP2 for FGII, Dark Heresy for FGII,
    Savage Fallout for FGII and Savage Worlds, FGII help mod.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fgvtt/files

I mean in the library to the left of the mouse curser, between the green and blue book. I gave the module an icon but I can't see how to get one in the library listing.

Yeah, that's what I meant too. Inside the .mod file, if there is a file called thumbnail.png in the root (where the .xml files are), it will show between those two books. It will also appear in the module picker.
    Ultimate License
    Rulesets by NezziR:
    WFRP2 for FGI, WFRP2 for FGII, Dark Heresy for FGII,
    Savage Fallout for FGII and Savage Worlds, FGII help mod.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fgvtt/files

Hmm, I must not be doing something right. There is a thumbnail in the mod file that's why the module has an icon in the module activation window. But nothing shows in the Library under d20 Essentials though the space where the icon would appear is "hot". If you get a chance, would you take a look at the mod file and see what's wrong.

You didn't use the same name in your definition.xml as you did in your client.xml for the module.

Quote Originally Posted by sloejack
    You didn't use the same name in your definition.xml as you did in your client.xml for the module.
    Thanks, I knew it had to be something dumb like that. I fixed the zip file above.

Not sure if it's a big deal, but for example in the Bull rush -part it reads:

Improved bull rush? D doesn?t get...

Why the ?'s? I checked the mod files and it's there too.

Ah, I'll fix that. The original file was a word file. The original "doesnt" had a slanted apostophy like this instead of like this "doesn't". The slanted character is not a valid xml character for that encoding so VS converted it to a "?".
    Last edited by Griogre; May 27th, 2007 at 02:00.

Great work! A suggestion: add the "states" that can be applied to a character. I keep a paper sheet by me becuse I can never remember what they do ("sickened", "fatigued", "exhausted", etc.).

Thread Information