STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Steam DLC not appearing in folders?

Hello, apologies if a similar question has been asked before but I couldn't find any threads for my specific issue. Simply put, I bought and installed the Tasha's Cauldron of Everything DLC for D&D 5e, have linked my steam account and refreshed purchases, updated on the client, etc. But no file for this module is appearing in my modules folders? Would it have gone to a different folder? I tried searching my whole PC for "Tasha" and nothing came up. Are these DLC files stored online or something similar? Any help is appreciated.

Welcome to FG.

Content such as Tashas' is stored in your vault folder inside the FGdata folder in an encrypted format. You won't therefore see them in your modules folder. You can access them in the usual way inside a campaign by clicking on Library > Modules and then loading the module. Or are you saying that the module doesn't appear in your module activations screen from Library > Modules?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Welcome!

Purchased content (almost always) gets downloaded to the vault folder. If you are curious, it's encrypted to protect it from IP theft and can not be used outside of FG.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you for the explanation, I thought it was necessary to move the file to modules to use it. It appears to be working fine (I should have checked before posting but I was too caught up trying to find the file to think of that).

Similar question

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Welcome!

Purchased content (almost always) gets downloaded to the vault folder. If you are curious, it's encrypted to protect it from IP theft and can not be used outside of FG.
    This is also true for campaign modules. I downloaded Lost Mines. I don't see it anywhere in the folders, but it works when I activated it. I am just curious.

That's correct. Both Forge and Store content can be placed in the vault; and is the default unless the publisher specifically requests content not be in the vault.

Regards,
    JPG

I am having the same issue, I have both Rime of the Frostmadien and Wild beyond the Witchlight, bought and downloaded the DLCs through steam, but they are not showing up in my vault files, or in modules when I open up unity, steam is telling me I have to buy Unity, but I already have the ultimate license bundle. I have linked my account to Fantasy Grounds, done forced updates, uninstalled and reinstalled on steam. But it is still not showing up, in any place. What the hell is going on?

It is possible that your data is being blocked by your firewall or an anti-virus. Also, make sure you are using the correct accounts, I have witnessed people go through all of this hassle only to find out that they were signed into an old or different account on Steam, and or on Fantasy grounds. Sometimes write permissions or such can also block data. Best of luck!
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by zachpaul1213 View Post
    I am having the same issue, I have both Rime of the Frostmadien and Wild beyond the Witchlight, bought and downloaded the DLCs through steam, but they are not showing up in my vault files, or in modules when I open up unity, steam is telling me I have to buy Unity, but I already have the ultimate license bundle. I have linked my account to Fantasy Grounds, done forced updates, uninstalled and reinstalled on steam. But it is still not showing up, in any place. What the hell is going on?
    Welcome to the FG forums.

Do you see files called WOTC5EROTF.dat and WOTC5ETWBTW.dat in your FGU Vault directory?

If Steam isn't showing that you own FGU, but you bought the products you mention on Steam, then is it possible you have another account on Steam? Steam shouldn't let you but DLC for products you don't own.

This is the base FGU Steam product: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Grounds_Unity/ Did you buy this on Steam or the FG store? If you bought on the FG store then you may need to activate the product on Steam - info on that here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/11963...2608892325681/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I do not have either WOTC5EROTF.dat or WOTC5ETWBTW.dat in my vault directory. I attaching/inserting pics to hopefully help, it shows the vault, the steam library page (which shows my downloads), and the steam store page.
    Steam pic.png
    steam store pic.png
    Vault pic.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information