5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last

Begin and end of today's 4 hours campaign (PF2 - Age of Ashes 2, 5 players + GM):

102k lines of a single comma "," input into chat over a 15 minutes time-span. No dice rolling whatsoever.
    How did you input that data? Do you have an extension that you used for this that you can share?

Thanks,
    JPG

I attempted a similar test. I set it up without an extension. Instead, I used a little free utility called GS Auto Clicker. I put a "," into the first shortcut bar slot, moused over it and started the auto clicker. I had it set to click every 100ms, but you can fine tune that.

I just noticed that if I loop on 100ms it doesn’t grow very fast but if I set it to 50ms memory usage grows quickly

Last edited by mattekure; December 1st, 2020 at 00:50.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Autohotkey:

Code:
    	Loop, 5000 {
    		Loop, 200{
            		SendInput, /die 256-1{Enter}
    	    	}
    	Sleep, 1200
    	}
    Replace the "/die 256-1" with any text (I used a single ,).

You may have to increase the sleep time and decrease the inner loop number. My PC can do 10k-11k rolls per minutes.

Blog Entries
    Thanks. This is helpful information.

Weissrolf, what are you testing exactly? I have never seen such errors in the many sessions I have since the release. Memory utilization has been around 700MB-1GB during normal play. Are you doing some stress testing, because this is not something that will ever happen to regular users.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Weissrolf, what are you testing exactly? I have never seen such errors in the many sessions I have since the release. Memory utilization has been around 700MB-1GB during normal play. Are you doing some stress testing, because this is not something that will ever happen to regular users.
    Yes he is doing 10k rolls a minute.

Yes, I am flooding the chat with messages (either rolls or text). Memory consumption of a normal 4 hours session is here (2 gb working, 8.5 gb virtual):

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post561044

Ddavidson already seems to be on top of the issue, but I posted the last 120 gb virtual memory (100 gb file) result to show how far it can go in extremes. I am not sure if virtual memory allocation only leads to NTFS sparse space being reserved on the drive or if there is actual data written to the disk. Owners of SSDs might not like GB of data (8.5 in my last session) being written to their drive for single sessions.

And memory leaks are always bad, because they cause unpredictable behavior in an application, like instabilities and slowdowns over time, the latter of which FGU very much suffers from.

Thread Information