5E Character Create Playlist

D&D 5E Monster Manual question

Who is responsible for providing the tokens that come with the D&D 5E Monster Manual. It's a fairly pricey buy and I really don't understand why there is not a token provided for every critter within it. Someone had to provide the ones that are there - what decided what pictures were provided and which were not? I understand in the hardcopy book why it's not necessary for everything to have art with it. But for a game compatible version of the map where token images are required to represent everything - I don't understand why we have anything that depends on the letter tokens.

Is there a rationale behind not providing basic tokens for every NPC manual entry in the online game manual?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

$$$/effort? That would likely be a lot of custom art.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Who is responsible for providing the tokens that come with the D&D 5E Monster Manual. It's a fairly pricey buy and I really don't understand why there is not a token provided for every critter within it. Someone had to provide the ones that are there - what decided what pictures were provided and which were not? I understand in the hardcopy book why it's not necessary for everything to have art with it. But for a game compatible version of the map where token images are required to represent everything - I don't understand why we have anything that depends on the letter tokens.

Is there a rationale behind not providing basic tokens for every NPC manual entry in the online game manual?
    The art used for the tokens is coming directly from WotC; so, when the book does not contain any image for the corresponding NPC, then the ingame token won't have any art If you miss any art which is normally contained in the book, then you should report it

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    $$$/effort? That would likely be a lot of custom art.
    Obviously people don't want to spend $$$/effort if they think they don't have to. My question is what was the rational on what tokens are provided and what ones are not. Was it WOTC providing the art or pictures for the tokens or FG?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    The art used for the tokens is coming directly from WotC; so, when the book does not contain any image for the corresponding NPC, then the ingame token won't have any art If you miss any art which is normally contained in the book, then you should report it
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Mod: Moved to 5E forum. Please discuss ruleset specific topics in the ruleset specific forum.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

In all cases (not just the Monster Manual) tokens are created by the developer of the product based on artwork provided by the publisher. So, as Kel says above, if there's no artwork for a particular beastie or NPC then there can be no token other than a letter one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    In all cases (not just the Monster Manual) tokens are created by the developer of the product based on artwork provided by the publisher. So, as Kel says above, if there's no artwork for a particular beastie or NPC then there can be no token other than a letter one.
    Makes perfect sense in terms of publishing rights and such. Thanks.

Oh get WOTC to make a picture for everything! (Ha - almost believed there was a chance for that to happen for a second )

If I buy the "D&D Tokens Volume 1 and 2" will the tokens automaticity be attached to the monster sheet? Or do you have to make a new copy of the monster and add the token.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodie View Post
    If I buy the "D&D Tokens Volume 1 and 2" will the tokens automaticity be attached to the monster sheet? Or do you have to make a new copy of the monster and add the token.
    The latter.

Thread Information