DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: FGU layers, API

FGU layers, API

Have there been any new API features added for layer functionality? I'm guessing right now there isn't because there isn't even a way to identify a layer (you can't name map layers far as I know) but I'm hoping I'm missing something.

I'd really like to be able to programmatically move objects from one layer to another in certain situations.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

There are not any short-term plans to offer access to a layers API, until we get through doing vision and lighting.

Also, certain objects are not stored on layers, so can't be "placed". (i.e. tokens, pointers, shortcuts)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There are not any short-term plans to offer access to a layers API, until we get through doing vision and lighting.

Also, certain objects are not stored on layers, so can't be "placed". (i.e. tokens, pointers, shortcuts)

Regards,
    JPG

My plan was to (at least in theory) take the token, remove it, and place the image of the token on another layer (non-token) to simply show where it is but keep it from interfering from selection/moves.

You guys might have better ideas how to handle it but it was something I was theorycrafting but ran into a wall with the layering.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information