STAR TREK 2d20
Page 99 of 105 First ... 4989979899100101 ... Last
    Quite right about COP, thats the one I added recently.
    So it looks more like 8 squares 7 full and 2 half each side
    Been trying to put in a snip but isnt seeming to let me
    Last edited by mordkhaan; November 28th, 2023 at 08:07.

Quote Originally Posted by mordkhaan View Post
    What Controls the size of the token when placed?
    Notice that when I drop Spirit Guardians it appears to be a bit bigger than it should be
    Only notice as am testing an Auras Extension that shows the 15' circle with a black circle and the token from B9 is a about 5' bigger all around
    Had a quick look with spell tokens, the graphic I use in the below image is 490x490 and registered at 70 pixels per 5 feet. ( See red box on configuration. )

The pointer says its correctly 35 feet across.

Do you get different results ? ( ie can you attach a screen shot and check in a new campaign with just spell tokens, to see if this is a conflict between extensions. )

Thanks
    Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    If you pull up the tokens list from the b9 icon you will see a 70 and 100 most likely.
    The 70 is pixels per grid square. Increasing that number will make the spell token smaller when placed.

However. Can you tell me what is the diameter in grid squares of the spell token for Spirit Guardian currently?
    Because it should be 35’ ft or 7 grid squares.

Also, AURA ext doesn't show black circles, I believe you are talking about another EXT called COP.
    The token from Gareth is 490x490 at 70 pixels per 5 feet, which results in a 7 grid square image. Filename 'SPIRIT GUARDIANS 35ft.png' hence configured as stated from the module. ( See above response to OP )

I would guess that COP might be showing a pure 15 foot radius from the centre of the grid and might be expecting a 6 grid square image ?

Spirit Guardians is listed as 'Range: Self (15-foot radius)' if this was placed on a normal grid it would be 6 grid squares.

While I set the configuration xml relative to the spell token module graphics file information.

I can understand the confusion. I'm not sure why Gareth made it 35 feet, and you seem to have the same 7 grid squares etc...

Do we have any official questions response/reference about this to check it against ?

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

I noticed the same issue in my game last night. Same token

Quote Originally Posted by mordkhaan View Post
    Quite right about COP, thats the one I added recently.
    So it looks more like 8 squares 7 full and 2 half each side
    Been trying to put in a snip but isnt seeming to let me
    If you are using the Gareth spell token set and want it to be 6 grid squares, change its 70 pixels per 5 feet to 82 pixels per 5 feet.

ie, 490/7 => 70 pixels per 5 feet,
    490/6 => 81.666 pixels per 5 feet.

Fractions are valid, but I tend to round up for ease.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    I noticed the same issue in my game last night. Same token
    Do you think it should be 6 grid squares ?

if so, then the issue is not spell tokens but Gareths module as it was drawn for 35 feet and 7 grid squares. Which is what I configured the xml file for.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

So the 35ft/30ft ( 7 grid squares or 6 grid squares.. ) question ??

For me it depends on how you select for rounding and placement on the grid. A 15ft radius centred on a character for spirit guardians obviously reaches out to the mid point of a grid square, see attached..

15ft.JPG

If you run your game in a way that the guardians would damage the character/npc in the south then the total height/width of this 15ft radius touches 35ft or 7 grid squares.

If you run your game in a way that the guardians would NOT damage the character/npc in the south then the total height/width of this 15ft radius touches only 25ft or 5 grid squares.

So this is a rounding issue, I see why Gareth set the spell token to 35ft for inclusive rounding as I would guess most people would allow guardians to damage the character in the south on the edge of the 15ft circle.

I'm not sure if this clears up the issue with COP showing as smaller that the guardians spell token or not ??

-pete

EDIT: DMG p251 Areas of Effect. Talks about 'If an area of effect is circular and covers at least half of the square, it affects that square.' But it also only talks about effects starting on an 'intersection of squares', which normally with spirit guardians this will be mid-square. This for me would make this effect total 7 grid squares as it is 'inclusive'
    Last edited by bratch9; November 28th, 2023 at 15:00. Reason: add dmg reference edit.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

I use all the exts
    AURA Effects
    COP
    B9 Spell tokens + core.

I show it's working correctly with the Gareths Spell Token Module and my own custom ones using 490x490 dimensions in pixels.
    The COP AURA is correctly matching the outside of the spell token with the outer edge of the COP circle.

The main issue is going to come from AURA not handling effects consistent with other effects. As AURA always counts it from the center of the token, instead of the edge. I do believe that AURA creators are working on a coding effect you can set for the "AURA" to point vs AURA range.
    Attached Images Attached Images

In a clean campaign and I only see the issue if I change the token image to an animated one
    If I increase the pixels per 5 feet to 82 it sorts it

Ok, so just started a new campaign, only loading B9 core and B9 Spell tokens
    imported spell token template
    Add PC to CT, drag PC from CT to map
    add spirit guardians to PC sheet
    drag token from pc sheet to map and get
    Handler error: [string "B9_SpellTokens:scripts/tokenspell_B9ST.lua"]:289: attempt to call field 'setActivable' (a nil value)
    any pointers where to look?

Thread Information