STAR TREK 2d20
Page 88 of 105 First ... 3878868788899098 ... Last
    v7.16 fix for fgu 4.4.0 errors.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

With fgu 4.4.0, and its ability to use webm/p animated tokens brings animated spell tokens into usage for this extension.

A couple example images using an animated fireball,

anim1.PNG

anim2.PNG

As can be seen, the animated effect shows up in the configuration, player/CT and obviously on the map.

Now we just need a good source of animated effects.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    With fgu 4.4.0, and its ability to use webm/p animated tokens brings animated spell tokens into usage for this extension.

anim1.PNG

anim2.PNG

As can be seen, the animated effect shows up in the configuration, player/CT and obviously on the map.

-pete
    Very cool! I would definitely be into getting those.

anim1.PNG

anim2.PNG

-pete

Turns out it’s pretty easy to use and works perfectly with B9’s Spell Token system (now). Dropped my first animated spell token on a map last night. Super cool. Luckily there are some people generating that content.

I think there’s a separate thread developing for that content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain the Great View Post
    Turns out it’s pretty easy to use and works perfectly with B9’s Spell Token system (now). Dropped my first animated spell token on a map last night. Super cool. Luckily there are some people generating that content.

I think there’s a separate thread developing for that content.
    Do you have a link to the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Do you have a link to the thread?
    Sure. I was planning on linking to what I can find (and have found) when I get to my gaming computer later today.

Sure. I was planning on linking to what I can find (and have found) when I get to my gaming computer later today.
    Cool, if you add them to this thread, I'll edit the start post to keep them in a logical location.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Cool, if you add them to this thread, I'll edit the start post to keep them in a logical location.

-pete
    Perfect.

This is an inexpensive patron that has a bunch of spell tokens available for immediate download after signing up at the lowest level. These are the ones I've converted and am beginning to use to swap out animated spell tokens to the prior ones.

https://www.patreon.com/JB2A

JB2A also have a "token animator tool" that you can access at a higher level of participation. They have a video showing what it does.

This site is a bit more complicated. I created a log-in and I think you can purchase a ton of animated content here. Looks like it's designed for Foundry VTT, but the files should work fine (perhaps with a conversion to VP8) for FGU.

https://forge-vtt.com/bazaar#search=...animated%22%5D

(I'll keep adding to this post as I find the others I was looking at.)
    Last edited by Gawain the Great; June 16th, 2023 at 17:22.

Perfect.

This is an inexpensive patron that has a bunch of spell tokens available for immediate download after signing up at the lowest level. These are the ones I've converted and am beginning to use to swap out animated spell tokens to the prior ones.

JB2A also have a "token animator tool" that you can access at a higher level of participation. They have a video showing what it does.

This site is a bit more complicated. I created a log-in and I think you can purchase a ton of animated content here. Looks like it's designed for Foundry VTT, but the files should work fine (perhaps with a conversion to VP8) for FGU.

I was looking at https://github.com/jackkerouac/animated-spell-effects Which is also in your forge-vtt search but this is the git link.

I hope some of these people will create fantasy ground forge versions to make it simpler, and then we can have a setting.xml file for them.

The main issue is how to include the settings file to load as FG forge only allows the file to be packed in the module and then it can not be directly 'imported' in the spell configuration window. And FG forge does not allow 'loose' files. I'd love to make it 'simpler' to setup for the users with an author provided settings file etc...

Will take some thinking about. I hope we see more of the animated tokens/spells etc been made available for FGU users on FG forge.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Perfect.

If you can figure out a way to convert their VP9 tokens to VP8, I've had that problem with these. Converting maps has been fine, tokens, not so much.

Thread Information