STAR TREK 2d20
Page 66 of 105 First ... 1656646566676876 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Hi, the error only happens after the token is swapped (I only tested on the Host). For example, a druid shape changing to a bear. If no token swap, then no error.

"critically awesome essentials and one click druid" has the generic token swapper. Might be better to test on Pathfinder for example because they have a specific extension for 5e. https://www.dmsguild.com/product/261...antasy-Grounds

I did not have a spell token on the map.

I will do more testing on this today with other rule set. I'm sure its something with the generic token swapper but this error was not happening some builds ago and the token swapper has not been updated in a long time.
    My testing in the 5e version, I can have a druid swapped to bear with a spirit guadian effect on, and move an npc into and out of the area and dont see to have any issues.. its adding the effect onto the npc...

Because the shapes are not coded and I dont use other rulesets, I can not test/configure a 4e/pf version and spend ages setting up test. ( Already spent over an hour trying to configure in other rulesets and in 5e. )

If I get more time then I'll look at it further, but getting me a configured campaign test zip and instrunctions... 'apply effect this...' move npc to this location etc... to replicate would help a lot on this.

Thanks, Pete

EDIT: Added a zip of a 4e campaign. Set up a blank character and made a blank npc, added to the FG battlemap... added an aura and a wildeshape effect. ( The effect does not seem to 'process' onto the character like it does in 5e. ) But the aura is been added/removed from the npc as it moved to the aura size of the player.
    If you can let me know what 'options' or thing I'm doing wrong to make the shape change happen and cause the error then I can take a look..

( Or provide a configured zip file.. )

-pete
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bratch9; July 11th, 2022 at 12:31.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    My testing in the 5e version, I can have a druid swapped to bear with a spirit guadian effect on, and move an npc into and out of the area and dont see to have any issues.. its adding the effect onto the npc...

Because the shapes are not coded and I dont use other rulesets, I can not test/configure a 4e/pf version and spend ages setting up test. ( Already spent over an hour trying to configure in other rulesets and in 5e. )

If I get more time then I'll look at it further, but getting me a configured campaign test zip and instrunctions... 'apply effect this...' move npc to this location etc... to replicate would help a lot on this.

Thanks, Pete

EDIT: Added a zip of a 4e campaign. Set up a blank character and made a blank npc, added to the FG battlemap... added an aura and a wildeshape effect. ( The effect does not seem to 'process' onto the character like it does in 5e. ) But the aura is been added/removed from the npc as it moved to the aura size of the player.
    If you can let me know what 'options' or thing I'm doing wrong to make the shape change happen and cause the error then I can take a look..

( Or provide a configured zip file.. )

-pete
    Hi, I will check out your test campaign today. I quickly made a test campaign with only the three extensions loaded. Token swap is added and when moving into the aura the error happens. Attaching campaign zip.

Attached Files Attached Files

So I've got a question,

Is there any way to adjust the degree to which you rotate these spell tokens when you have them on the battle map? I'm loving the visuals that they bring but I find that the default 45 degree rotation increments that FG wants to do with them to be incredibly limiting when trying to make use of a token that happens to represent a cone or line type spell effect. Having a more granular rotation increment would help make the use of these tokens smoother on the battle map.

Quote Originally Posted by jfg1984 View Post
    So I've got a question,

Is there any way to adjust the degree to which you rotate these spell tokens when you have them on the battle map? I'm loving the visuals that they bring but I find that the default 45 degree rotation increments that FG wants to do with them to be incredibly limiting when trying to make use of a token that happens to represent a cone or line type spell effect. Having a more granular rotation increment would help make the use of these tokens smoother on the battle map.
    using 'shift + wheel' to rotate 45 deg
    using 'shift + ctrl + wheel' for fine control rotation.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

You sah, are both a gentlemen and a scholar. I tip my hat to you.

Hi, I will check out your test campaign today. I quickly made a test campaign with only the three extensions loaded. Token swap is added and when moving into the aura the error happens. Attaching campaign zip.

Had to adjust all your tokens to get to a working campaign,

error.jpg

I can get the main issue to fire with just the token swapper and aura system... Causing the system level 'mouse update' to fail with a what looks like a nil. ( Which obviously causes spell token 'onmovetoken' to fail when included, just code sequence order.. )

Can you try at your side without spell token extension, as I suspect you will get the same issue.

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Had to adjust all your tokens to get to a working campaign,

error.jpg

I can get the main issue to fire with just the token swapper and aura system... Causing the system level 'mouse update' to fail with a what looks like a nil. ( Which obviously causes spell token 'onmovetoken' to fail when included, just code sequence order.. )

Can you try at your side without spell token extension, as I suspect you will get the same issue.

Thanks, Pete
    When testing I was using arrow keys for movement which caused the error with Spell Token loaded and not happen when it's not loaded. Using the mouse movement, I do see the error when Spell Token is not loaded.

Now that I see it happens on mouse drag without Spell Token, I will report to the token swapper dev. Thanks for your time :-)
    Last edited by kevininrussia; July 12th, 2022 at 19:45.

When testing I was using arrow keys for movement which caused the error with Spell Token loaded and not happen when it's not loaded. Using the mouse movement, I do see the error when Spell Token is not loaded.

Now that I see it happens on mouse drag without Spell Token, I will report to the token swapper dev. Thanks for your time :-)
    I dont tend to use the keys to move. Maybe that will help find the path that is causing the issue in the token swapper. As its probably to do with the delete of the token when the wild shape gets reversed, maybe that delete causes a movement update. Hence the token onmove and mouse update getting called with a nil and trying to access causes the errors. It just so happened that the spell token one fires before the more global mouse update function.

I suspect if it only started happening with no real update to the aura or swapper, that a FGU update at the system level might have added some extra function flow that needs to now be taken into consideration.

With the mouse drag, when you drag into the aura it cause the error, when you drag out the aura it causes the error... but dragging the token around away from the aura does not cause the error. This implies something that aura does, that the swapper probably catches and then ends up deleting the token in some way and leaving a nil pointer reference that happens to be used in the mouse update.

If you get an update from either extension that fixes the issue, please update this part of the post thread to say which extension and version number fixed the issue. So that if anybody see the thread for my extension, knows that its been fixed.

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

v6.9 Updated with ruleset changes to remove 'isClientFGU' usage due to this now been removed from the API.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quick question:
    I've been putting the xml files in the extensions folder, but should they go there, or in the mod folder? I can't remember, and there's no longer a page on dmsguild

Thread Information