DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 59 of 105 First ... 949575859606169 ... Last
    Screenshot 2022-02-15 131010.jpgScreenshot 2022-02-15 130902.jpgScreenshot 2022-02-15 130833.jpgScreenshot 2022-02-15 130644.jpgScreenshot 2022-02-15 130546.jpg
    Stumbling the other day over a few spelling errors in your "Spell Token" XML. You might want to correct (and check again for "'" in spell titles with wizard names).

Apparently can only attach 5 items... here is the updated XML for my last post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Apparently can only attach 5 items... here is the updated XML for my last post.
    Thanks for this, the names are based off the Gareths tokens file names.. Mainly built from a 'dir /b' type name list and then converted into xml..

I'll do a check down them by hand to see if any others turn up, but thanks for the updated xml file.

EDIT: Released a new B9_SpellTokens.xml ( on DmsGuild and at top of this thread. ) Includes fixes from 'Arnagus' and a couple of others I found doing a full by hand check.

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; February 19th, 2022 at 17:56.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    FORGE ONLY release of the v6.65, this has the 'high' count rotation support for spell tokens. This is done with 'shift+ctrl' and wheel, on a square grid you should get 5 degree ticks.

I've done this as a forge only, and will look at the couple of 'MrDDT' and 'kevininrussia' error reports early next week and once these are fixed release a forge and dmsguild update.

If you get chance to try out the high count rotation, let me know if you have any issues. ( Its got a number of edge cases, I've tried to get most but could be missing a few... hence forge only for this new feature release. )

-pete
    Thanks for this, the names are based off the Gareths tokens file names.. Mainly built from a 'dir /b' type name list and then converted into xml..

I'll do a check down them by hand to see if any others turn up, but thanks for the updated xml file.

EDIT: Released a new B9_SpellTokens.xml ( on DmsGuild and at top of this thread. ) Includes fixes from 'Arnagus' and a couple of others I found doing a full by hand check.

-pete

I have the DMsG version only, so can't say what is happening on the forge one, however, using shift + control + scroll wheel resizes the spell effect token.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I have the DMsG version only, so can't say what is happening on the forge one, however, using shift + control + scroll wheel resizes the spell effect token.
    Yes on the DMsGuild version you are subject to the old 'control' has priority over 'shift' rules. So CTRL+(none or any button)+wheel is resize.

Due to wanting to have fine control on the rotate, I had to make 'shift' higher priority. So now shift+ctrl+wheel is rotate, shift+wheel is rotate, ctrl+wheel is resize.

Once I've had chance to look at the couple of reported bugs to do with 'delete' of a linked token, I'll be releasing a forge and dmsguild update.

I use the forge version as the lower number of sales as a test location, as its also got the ability to put a build in the 'test' channel while dmsguild does not. ( Not that i used the forge 'test' channel to release the fine rotate build.. I just put it on 'live' )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

B9 want to say again thanks for all the hard work here, I was going to request feature if you could.

Can you make another option outside of Ally, Foe for targeting for All?
    This would save us a couple extra clicks.

B9 want to say again thanks for all the hard work here, I was going to request feature if you could.

Can you make another option outside of Ally, Foe for targeting for All?
    This would save us a couple extra clicks.
    You can press 'shift' on either button to include all.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

You can press 'shift' on either button to include all.

-pete
    Sweet thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Ruleset 4E

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/image_B9ST.lua"]:656: attempt to index local 'target' (a userdata value)

Error shown on Host when client swaps their token using this extension: Critically_Awesome_Essentials_-_Generic_Token_Swapper_FGU.ext\

A player is a Druid. I have an effect set up so that with a click of a button on the client side, the token will swap between an elf token and puma token. When this switch happens, the error above pops up on the Host with every token swap.
    Hi,

Been looking at this for a while now, too long... as the instructions for the mod make very little sense. I can get a character when adding the effect line to become 'big' but it does not seems to pick up my token in the SName: token; section when I configure this to a token name in my token folder. ( I've got version 2.11 from the past, but not sure if that is the version you are using ? )

Looking at line 656 of image_B9ST.lua, this is a system function override,
    function onMoveToken(target)
    , use by the extension when tokens move. And 'SHOULD' always have a 'target' been passed to it. From the error it looks like this is either not been provided due to some call like
    imagecontrol.onMoveToken()
    which would not pass the parameter and maybe cause an error like this. If it was just 'nil' then I would expect a report on 'nil', not 'attempt to index local 'target' (a userdata value)' as per your report.

Since I dont have the 4E side, I was using PF2, maybe this is why the instructions make no sense to me as the .mod file most have been made from some ruleset. But it does not look complex.. take the effect line and set the SName:, and all should work.

Please confirm which version of spell tokens (forge/dmsguild and version. [ I think you are dmsguild 6.5 ] ), and the version of the generic token swapper.

If you can add some screen shots of the exact effect line you are using, and maybe attach the puma token, so I can add it to my folders. Maybe its not working due to a 'case' issue in the filename as my test token had a mix of upper and lower case, maybe this should be all lower case in the filename on my machine and in the string... I matched them for case on my filesystem..

Since I dont get the error you report when it makes the token big, maybe because it did not find the replacement image it did not do some other part of the code that was causing this issue for you... but I was not getting the reported error.

I'm happy to look further, but with so little information and it been in a ruleset 4E which has the stupid guarded subscription rubbish access mode, I just can not play in the same ruleset.

If you could test this with just spell tokens, and generic swapper in a clean campaign in say PF2 with just the core rulebook loaded... then you can attach a zip of the campaign already configured for me to be able to replicate it. ( Either you have some thing setup that I dont or your config is different to me... )

I just have no idea, I spent multiple hours just trying to replicate it and can not.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

B9, thanks for this EXT.

I wanted to report an error I had (a few 1000 times in a row).

This error in the attached image happened when I dropped a spell token on a PC token, it would lock to that token creating it to be stacked. I was trying all sorts of things to unlock it to no avail, so I deleted the spell token and anytime I moved the PC token it would call this error over and over.

Also as a request is it possible to set the vision on spell tokens to default to 0? So when someone who controls the token can't see from it's vision? I'm not sure how this would mess up playstyles but if it can't be set because of playstyle change, maybe an option to set it?

The issue I have for this is that if a player casts a spell 120' away they now can click on that token and see everything around it, which they shouldn't be able to see because their player is 120' away.

Also I seem to be having problems with my players not able to load the tokens when pulled on to their PC sheets but I as a GM can reparse it or drag the spell from the spells list onto the PC sheet and it would show the token.

Next question someone ask if you can target using the token, I know CAE does (or did this) but I'm not sure this does that. I've tried to read through all the pages here but its a lot and stuff is out of date because of FGC to FGU and changes over time to FGU.

P.S.
    I would love the option to hold a few keys and rotate it based on that by 1 degree then hold another few keys and it rotate by 5 degrees or whatever that option was.
    Ive had a look at this, and I have no idea what you were doing to replicate this. I've tried dragging the token between maps, using the 'green' CT or just the CT token line to move between different maps and other things I could think of for what you did to cause this issue. And in all cases it functions as I'd expect without error. Maybe an extension also loaded is causing a different result and a conflict of call order to expected FG calling flow.

If you could have a go on a clean campaign with just spell tokens, and see if you can remember or create a 'flow' of what you did to replicate. This information would be good.

I've tested a number of combinations and can not get this to happen.

Any information on what you were doing and/or some form of replication steps would help a lot.

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information