STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 105 First ... 234561454104 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_BK View Post
    Any word on the issue with the spell tokens being on top of the other tokens on the map?

I could swear this was working correctly (spell tokens being below CT creatures) a few weeks ago and now it's not. But based on the timeline of this thread...seems like I imagined it working correctly and it never did?

I'm using FGU.
    Just had a quick play with just normal player tokens, and FGU still is not dealing with token order. Its supposed to make the last moved token the top, but they are not changing layer order at all. This implies Spell Tokens will still do the same poor order.

The layer draw order is not controlled by the lua side, so this is waiting on a program update..

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Thanks, this all looks ok... and for me seems to work ok... see attached, from me dragging the token from the character sheet onto the map.

The only thing I changed, which I'll take a look at, was that I moved the game from private 'cloud' to 'lan' settings.. I would think that this does not cause an issue, but maybe it i causing some network message issue that I've not covered.

I'll take a look later to see if this is the case.. and have a look down the internal xml files of the campaign etc..

I just wanted to let you know I had a quick look and it does see odd that it is not working for you..

-pete
    Ok, I wait for your next deeper check.
    In the meantime I’ll try a LAN campaign to see if it works.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lino View Post
    Thanks.
    Hi, I've had a go with your provided zip in private cloud config as you provided, and it see all to work for me when I dm and client join from my single pc. putting tokens onto the map works for both player and client side and both can move them around.

Can I ask a silly question, you are trying to drag the token onto the map, and not expecting it to just magic its way onto the map when you cast a spell ?

Ive attached 'tokenadd2.jpg' which show that you need to drag the image from the character sheet onto the map or the image from the assets/config onto the map to make a 'dm/gm' token..

Let me know if you manage to get it working with the Lan side, the only other option is to provide some code you can add to the extension to add some debug output. Do you think you have the ability to unzip the extension and replace files and do some extra tests ?

Thanks,

Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks.
    Hi,

I could only reproduce token not showing up, when the client had a map open ( ie double click the token to open up the map the player is actually on from the combat tracker ), while the DM did not have that map open, then when you drag on it does not work..

This is because players can not add a token to the map, so I have to send a message to the 'host' for the host(DM) to add the token.

So can I ask then you were having issues was this 'client/player' could not add the token to the map... and did you have the map closed at the DM side ? ( If so can you let me know if you can get tokens if the dm has the require map open that the client is adding to.. )

Thanks, pete

Thanks.
    Hi, I've updated spell token v2.5. This version now checks to see if the image/map is open at the dm/gm side or not. If not it will open add the token and then close the image/map.

let me know either way if this sorts out ( or not ) your missing token case.

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Hi, I've had a go with your provided zip in private cloud config as you provided, and it see all to work for me when I dm and client join from my single pc. putting tokens onto the map works for both player and client side and both can move them around.

Can I ask a silly question, you are trying to drag the token onto the map, and not expecting it to just magic its way onto the map when you cast a spell ?

Ive attached 'tokenadd2.jpg' which show that you need to drag the image from the character sheet onto the map or the image from the assets/config onto the map to make a 'dm/gm' token..

Let me know if you manage to get it working with the Lan side, the only other option is to provide some code you can add to the extension to add some debug output. Do you think you have the ability to unzip the extension and replace files and do some extra tests ?

Thanks,

Pete
    Hi, I've tried in Lan but it has the same issue.

There are no silly questions, but silly answers... So, I drag the token on the map from PC action tab.

Any news from SW's side about tokens covering NPCs?

I tried your new updeted extention: sadly does the same to me.

I never used your extention as a client, but only as a DM/GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Any news from SW's side about tokens covering NPCs?
    No update about token covering.

I did some tests, and the released FGU still has the same issue. ( did not check the Dev build. )

Also sent direct message, maybe in the new year we might be able to sort this out.

( I've asked for a 'setAtBack' token function to make spell tokens behind everything.. Lets see what we get in the new year.. )

-pete

I tried your new updeted extention: sadly does the same to me.

I never used your extention as a client, but only as a DM/GM.
    Hi,

yep, you need to 'left click and hold' on the image on the character sheet and drag it onto the map. When you do this you should see the image of the token under the cursor ( its alpha'ed so might be faint ), and then when over the map release the left mouse button.

The same for 'GM/DM', if you open up the assets/spell token configuration page, you can also drag the token image onto the map to make 'gm/dm' on the map.

-pete

Thread Information