STAR TREK 2d20
Page 37 of 105 First ... 2735363738394787 ... Last
    Just for your info: I had two oddities happen during tests lately, which may or may not be connected to your extension. Yesterday the mouse click point was shifted for both me and a player I tested spell templates with. First we thought that CTRL-clicking would not work for targeting tokens on the map anymore, but later I noticed that I have to place the mouse-pointer a good centimeter below anything I want to click, including window close buttons. Restart solved that.

Today while I was doing the screenshots above I dragged a second spell token to the map. When I released the mouse-button all of a sudden *all* tokens and pointers were shifted so far to the upper left that they landed a good way into the black part surrounding the map, viewpoint was also instantly shifted.

I will keep an eye on these.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; August 22nd, 2021 at 13:09.

Probably doing something wrong or there is a conflict somewhere but I'm not getting the spell token showing up on the actions tab. Extension seems to have installed OK. I can see spelltokens in the menu bar.
    Extensions of note: Equipped effects, automatic effects, charsheet effects display, kit'n'kaboodle, generic actions, character sheet tweaks.
    Any ideas?

Updated: Tested with no extension enabled and same issue. Probably user error however.
    Last edited by graphil; August 22nd, 2021 at 14:58.
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Just for your info: I had two oddities happen during tests lately, which may or may not be connected to your extension. Yesterday the mouse click point was shifted for both me and a player I tested spell templates with. First we thought that CTRL-clicking would not work for targeting tokens on the map anymore, but later I noticed that I have to place the mouse-pointer a good centimeter below anything I want to click, including window close buttons. Restart solved that.

Today while I was doing the screenshots above I dragged a second spell token to the map. When I released the mouse-button all of a sudden *all* tokens and pointers were shifted so far to the upper left that they landed a good way into the black part surrounding the map, viewpoint was also instantly shifted.

I will keep an eye on these.
    These sound very odd, I dont mess with the cursor so I dont see how it could be 'off' for a window close button etc.. But I'll also keep an eye out.

In our game last night, our DM managed to mess up the (n)pc tokens, we had spell tokens enabled as extension but no spell tokens in use, he had them go off screen like your second part. Can not say if it was the same issue, or some bad miss click on his side. He ended up deleting all tokens from the map and putting everything back and we had fun trying to put stuff back in the location it was supposed to have been.. we were out by one square on a couple but the combat structure was good.. the correct players next to the correct npc... so was not a big issue... but yep some odd token thing happened once in the 4+ hour session. ( But probably a miss click.. its so easy drag the map instead of a token in FG if you have the cursor just off a token.. )

I will also keep an eye out, but our group just does one game a week with rotating DMs, so we dont get to stress the extension all the time.

EDIT: in our game our DM added more enemies to the CT and used the red 'hostile' icon to drag these on the map, not realising this would move all the hostile currently on the map.. Which is how he moved all the tokens in one go.. So in our case it was not an extension issue.
    Last edited by bratch9; August 23rd, 2021 at 14:03. Reason: extra info

Quote Originally Posted by graphil View Post
    Probably doing something wrong or there is a conflict somewhere but I'm not getting the spell token showing up on the actions tab. Extension seems to have installed OK. I can see spelltokens in the menu bar.
    Extensions of note: Equipped effects, automatic effects, charsheet effects display, kit'n'kaboodle, generic actions, character sheet tweaks.
    Any ideas?

Updated: Tested with no extension enabled and same issue. Probably user error however.
    Did your character already have spells/powers on the character sheet. Normally advise to delete and re-add spells, or use the hold 'shift' and use the radial re-parse spell option. ( See many previous comments for new users in the thread.. )

Did you import/configure any spell tokens, thats the other step people forget. As the extension does not come with spell token graphics, so it can depend on what you have/configure etc.

Hope this helps, if not please add some screen shots of the character and the spell config window scrolled to a spell the matches with a player. You might just have a slight name miss-match for example.

-pete

I had the cursor thing happen again, so it might happen often enough to better reproduce.

The token off the map thing should not happen with a simple miss-click. All I did was to drag another spell token to the map, which not only moved the new spell token off the map, but also the tokens and pointers that were already present.

I wouldn't even know how to do that with a click, but I do know that there have been map oddities in the past where the map zoom did not fit the placement of things. There is some thread where I reported this including a screenshot. Back then I suspected that one of my active overlay extensions was at least the catalyst of this. So with your extension now also including overlays we now have at least 4 extensions doing that on my setup (Wound overlays, Spell tokens, Token Height, Has Initiative).

We currently only play every 2 weeks on Mondays, so there is little time and motivation to do bug-hunting during our sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Did your character already have spells/powers on the character sheet. Normally advise to delete and re-add spells, or use the hold 'shift' and use the radial re-parse spell option. ( See many previous comments for new users in the thread.. )

Did you import/configure any spell tokens, thats the other step people forget. As the extension does not come with spell token graphics, so it can depend on what you have/configure etc.

Hope this helps, if not please add some screen shots of the character and the spell config window scrolled to a spell the matches with a player. You might just have a slight name miss-match for example.

-pete
    Hi Pete. Is was the import spell tokens step. All working now.
    Just got to find some good spell effect tokens to use now.
    Graphil

Unfortunately I found another issue. Mouse-overs for character effects (icons or marks) seem to get confused by the extension. When the extension is loaded then I often either don't get any mouse-overs for effects or just for a single character token out of all PCs and NPCs. Doesn't matter whether a spell token is present on the map or not (and I also disabled my other 3 overlay extensions).

So from reading back tokens with 50% transparency are the best to use for now. Any recommendations for those?
    Graphil

Quote Originally Posted by graphil View Post
    So from reading back tokens with 50% transparency are the best to use for now. Any recommendations for those?
    if you are on 5e, Gareths Jensen (dmsguild) is the set that matches up with the 'SpellTokens.xml' hosted at the start of this thread.

But other packs for free are available, but you would then have to add each to the configuration window and sort out the resolution factor to size ratio.

On Windows you can use the free Paint.net to read in tokens and then just change the Transparency slider at the layer panel to 127.

Save as new name if you want to keep the 100% token, or overwrite.

Thread Information