STAR TREK 2d20
Page 31 of 105 First ... 2129303132334181 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I tried to give a spell-token a "Darkness" light. Unfortunately that does not seem to work well. I have to close and reopen the map window for any changes made and generally have to set it up as light first and then use the darkness button (darkness spell preset does not work). Too bad, would have been nice for darkness spells.
    The extension does add a light, but not a darkness.. My plan is to add a lighting pop up in the spell tokens configuration. But that will create too much data to store in the 'name' of the spell token, so I'll have to create a reference list to store this.

I'm not sure what the light/dark/torch buttons do, I assumed they did a combat tracker search and added the effect and then that added and tracked the light element that is added onto the map image. I'm sure what you did just broken the chain at some point. If I add it to the config then I dont need to worry about this as it will already be configured and sorted with the spell.

So this time I tested the real updated version in combination with Wound overlays. The following happens when extra selection mode is enabled, (N)PC tokens and spell tokens move together at any point they overlap. Shift dragging then resets the (N)PC token position. It's possible that this does not happen every time, not sure about that.

Animated GIF:

On a side note: FGU's token selection mode seems to be working with (N)PC + spell tokens (either stacked or just in fixed position to one another).
    With the selection layer, i need to remove/fix up all the extra selection code. I'd now basically broken all of that code because now it need a new solution.

I suggest a different workaround, Nephranka. Have the player mark the destination via left+right mouse-button dragging (arrow) and the GM then moves the aura.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    If we have token lock on and they grab the spell token it gets very big and hard to move around. So, when we are using the spell token we keep the lock off and then turn it back on when done. The only place this is a problem is auras. Since a pc moves with it we have to keep the lock off during their movement.
    Yep, this is broken at the moment, I need to catch up the drag for this case.. but now that the player token is always on top, you should never need to drag the spell token, and it can move match it with the drag while its not selected. which should resolve this sort of issue pair issue.

it will not solve token lock on just a basic spell token drag.

I am struggling a bit with the documentation. What do the circle/triangle/cone/square settings with each spell do and what is the different between square and circle extra selection modes?
    basically nothing at the moment, the system for selection is broken due to the change. But at some point I'll add the ability while you drag the token to press ctrl and push all the tokens under that into the target selection of the creator of the spell effect.

at the moment run with extra selection off, and the only thing that should not be working is the spirit guardian type (n)pc token+spell token drag.

I've got to re-evaluate things like drag/drop of damage onto a token, and some extra interactions with other extensions. Before I can get back to getting features back up and running.

-pete

I suggest a different workaround, Nephranka. Have the player mark the destination via left+right mouse-button dragging (arrow) and the GM then moves the aura.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    But at some point I'll add the ability while you drag the token to press ctrl and push all the tokens under that into the target selection of the creator of the spell effect.
    And that would be very sweet indeed.

I wonder if spell tokens could be applied to effects instead of spell names? This way we could have different tokens for the same spell (i.e. different cones or changing tokens per mirror image intact).

I wonder if spell tokens could be applied to effects instead of spell names? This way we could have different tokens for the same spell (i.e. different cones or changing tokens per mirror image intact).
    While it could work like that, assuming people name up the effect description properly.

Not clear on 'changing tokens per mirror image intact', I guess that depends on your PF graphics tokens again.. maybe something I'm not thinking about. Could you expand/some images etc.

Did you create the PF tokens ? or are they a pack I could get hold of etc ?

Thread Information