STAR TREK 2d20
Page 27 of 105 First ... 1725262728293777 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Everything seems to have come in fine. The re-parse works. I did notice we are missing the shape option of wall or line for things like walls, gust of wind...etc.
    Not sure what you are looking for, they are basically square. The system deals with aspect ratio of the spell token texture, so it should be ok.

Unless you are thinking about size control for things like wall of fire, that could be arranged to different length. Again not a supported item, you would need to use the layer brush system on the DM side for that level of control.

I do intend to look into shape detecting things like the tool tip and maybe the selection call back functions, so that maybe we can get more done without having to force multi-sprite movements on the drag. But its a complex bit of code area to deal with for multi-selection/keyboard movement and the pain of the token lock system.

I hope that we can get traction on the dev team to do better work on the token stack draw order so this can be simplified. But I'm still not expecting much movement from the dev team side.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    As a DMG owner I now bought the discounted version from the Forge and will give it another try. Last week I used spell tokens (without extension) and noticed that you at least you can now move NPCs easily even when they are covered by Assets tokens.
    If you are willing to keep clicking you can select down the stack of tokens to 'find' the one you want. It works but would be nice if they token stack order was fixed by the dev team......

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Not sure what you are looking for, they are basically square. The system deals with aspect ratio of the spell token texture, so it should be ok.

Unless you are thinking about size control for things like wall of fire, that could be arranged to different length. Again not a supported item, you would need to use the layer brush system on the DM side for that level of control.

I do intend to look into shape detecting things like the tool tip and maybe the selection call back functions, so that maybe we can get more done without having to force multi-sprite movements on the drag. But its a complex bit of code area to deal with for multi-selection/keyboard movement and the pain of the token lock system.

I hope that we can get traction on the dev team to do better work on the token stack draw order so this can be simplified. But I'm still not expecting much movement from the dev team side.
    I am not sure. I noticed that I have some tokens that indicate line and that was not an option for the shape. It may not mean anything. Here is an example:

<WallOfFire>
    <name type="string">Wall Of Fire</name>
    <pixels type="number">70</pixels>
    <spell_token type="token">tokens/WALL OF FIRE (ROUND) 20ft.png@Spell Tokens</spell_token>
    </WallOfFire>
    <WallOfFireLine>
    <name type="string">Wall Of Fire (Line)</name>
    <spell_shape type="string">square</spell_shape>
    <spell_token type="token">tokens/WALL OF FIRE 60x1ft.png@Spell Tokens</spell_token>
    </WallOfFireLine>

Also, I noticed not every entry has an icon or shape line line?
    <spell_icon type="token">tokens/A.png</spell_icon>
    <spell_shape type="string">triangle</spell_shape>
    Last edited by nephranka; August 15th, 2021 at 16:41.

I am not sure. I noticed that I have some tokens that indicate line and that was not an option for the shape. It may not mean anything. Here is an example:

<WallOfFire>
    <spell_token type="token">tokens/WALL OF FIRE (ROUND) 20ft.png@Spell Tokens</spell_token>
    </WallOfFire>
    <WallOfFireLine>
    <spell_token type="token">tokens/WALL OF FIRE 60x1ft.png@Spell Tokens</spell_token>
    </WallOfFireLine>

players can pick a line or round 'wall of fire', so the spell token graphics have both options... so I configured both. Players can duplicate the spell and rename one to then have both options available when in use.

<spell_shape> is default as 'circle', so only need lines that change the default.

the odd <spell_icon> are my testing, I could have used the 'tokens/A.png@ruleset' type versions but then it becomes per ruleset. Its shows blank if it can not find the token, so most people will just see an empty slot in game. ( Only noticed if you look at the xml file !! ) Well I guess in the fireball case you would end up with a blank circle on the character sheet. ( I'll edit and remove these.. )

I've asked Gareth on dmsguild spell tokens side if he could provide icons to help 'tidy' up the fact some of the spell tokens when used at 40x40 pixels just look very wrong. ( most of the line ones actually, as they have very odd aspect ratios... ) I also requested a flipped 'cone' version, which is 'triangle' in the shape selections. The system has a proper round top cone which points up by default.. Hence why I asked for flipped triangle (cone) versions so they can be consistent. Not sure on the legal side if I resize down his textures and touch them up to make reasonable icons.. So felt best ask him first before looking at creating them.

<WallOfFire>
    </WallOfFire>
    <WallOfFireLine>
    </WallOfFireLine>

The 'line' graphics tend to just be very wide aspect rectangle tokens. I take aspect into account... so basically rectangle/line all fall into square'..

edit: to add an example of wall of fire, round and line version. ( line using square settings, also a 'cone' test template is in view to show the difference between 'cone' and 'triangle' )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bratch9; August 15th, 2021 at 20:27.

I see. So square works for the ones that are line.

I see. So square works for the ones that are line.
    yep, sprite size is taken into account.

so, ( game rotation amount is also considered, so it should cope with the 'iso' grid 45 degree square side etc.. )

'square' can deal with 'rectangle' ( The full extent of the sprite is used. )
    'circle' can deal with 'ellipse' ( The ellipse touches the center top/bottom and center right/left points of the sprite. )
    'triangle' ( Takes the center top point down to the bottom left/right point. I feel this is upside down but its how the Gareth cone sprites are drawn.. )

the 'cone' version only takes sprite height into account, as it does a radius check from the center bottom to center top for the arc part, and then +-45 degree off vertical lines from the center bottom, so taking sprite 'aspect' would distort the 45 degree.

While I track these in my cursor side, FG does not... FG always considers them as round, as shown with the green/red selection circle. These selection circles are not part of the rule set graphics, they are found in the FG game data. As I wanted to see if I could 'add' more shapes to the highlight selection so had a look for them. But again this is done outside the 'token' and addBitmap graphics that add the health/effect graphics by the ruleset. I guess because they want to control the draw layer order over the token+health bar group.

When I get some more time, i'm going to adjust the 'tool tip' that displays the token name when you enter the FG area of the token to also take shape into account. And I might try and see if I can use the addBitmap api side to add our own token highlight shapes. But this api has limited scale control so might not work for non square spell sprites. It will take some 'play' time to see what I can make it do.

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    If you are willing to keep clicking you can select down the stack of tokens to 'find' the one you want. It works but would be nice if they token stack order was fixed by the dev team......
    This answer confused me, because I saw a different/better behavior. Then I did some tests and saw the behavior you described, but only for player tokens, while NPC tokens were not clickable. Then I noticed that the "Extra selection mode" seems to be broken in that it always resets the (N)PC token back instead of the spell token.

Then I cracked it: If any overlay is applied to any token via an extension (like "Has initiative" or "Wound overlay") then these tokens can directly be grabbed and moved underneath a spell token. The only drawback is that even player tokens get covered after being moved unless the spell token is clicked again. This works for both players and GMs, locked or unlocked.

As a consequence I edited "Wound overlays" to overlay a transparent PNG for the "Healthy" wound status:
    Last edited by Weissrolf; August 17th, 2021 at 02:56.

Do you happen to know where the graphic for that big ugly green circle is found in FGU's data structure and wether it can be edited. My main grief is that it adds its own grey background in the center on top of being generally too large.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Do you happen to know where the graphic for that big ugly green circle is found in FGU's data structure and wether it can be edited. My main grief is that it adds its own grey background in the center on top of being generally too large.
    See attached for the location, but you have to unpack unity resource packages to get to the directory structure, and to make a change you would have to re-pack the required resource unit package.

It looks like its shader coded to allow different colors, so you would have to work around that by guessing at how the shader splits the rgba from the png texture. ( Probably not hard to guess. )

It would probably better if a wish list was made to allow the graphics set via the rule set files, and extended to allow 'shape' style api control on it. But again thats a low priority wish list type of thing that needs reasonable code api design. ( which I suspect we will not get with the stack layer draw order side.. )

I need to look at your other find, as I'm not sure 'how' that 'help' in this case. But I'm sure I can force on a layer in the same way you did... as i think it would by my extension responsibility to 'bodge' that sort of fix.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information