FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 26 of 105 First ... 1624252627283676 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Virtual Table Tops are token based, it's part of their DNA.

Token priority sorted by importance to game-play:

1. Player character tokens (high strata).
    2. Non-player character tokens (should be medium strata, but currently are low).
    3. All other Asset tokens (should be low strata, but currently are medium).

There is a clear and likely easy to solve conflict between NPC and Asset tokens. This bad design choice keeps me from using both your extension (which I bought) and most of my other bought token assets.

I don't even want to guess how much you are spending on working around said design flaw when it's really just a simple question of sprite strata. Any layer based software can handle this better than FGU, even Word can handle it better than FGU. But if proper token handling is not a priority thing for SG, so be it.
    Yep I agree, it could do with been sorted. But after posting issue reports and direct messages over the last 18+ months ( By me and others ), we got the 4.10 update release which brought the FGC token order system into FGU and the spell templates onto the layer system for the dm. I see this as the dev team already looked/decided/fixed the issues that had been reported into how they wanted it to look.

"You can use your tokens on the layer system", I suspect would be the FG dev team response.

If the dev team did change the stack order, then next thing would be 'mask via LoS', and then selection only by that section. So it would go a lot deeper than just draw order. Which is why I suspect we are not getting a fix, that stuff is designed for the layer system....

As I said, feel free to create new posts on the FGU general forum about token stack order showing issues in the main game(no extensions). This has a chance that another review of the stack order gets back into the bug list/items to look at. You can always post a wish list item on moon wizards page.

Thanks for all your work just getting us this far. I know it can be a hassle and at a certain point no longer wanting to mess with it.

I do this sometimes where I'm just like "I will just work around it as the time saved the other way is not worth the time lost trying to get it changed/fixed".

Hi Bratch9 - I now have your Spell Token Extension now via the Forge. Where does it put the SpellTokens.xml and SpellTemplates.xml now?
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

Quote Originally Posted by daggerfortysix View Post
    Hi Bratch9 - I now have your Spell Token Extension now via the Forge. Where does it put the SpellTokens.xml and SpellTemplates.xml now?
    It does not, you need to grab them from the top of this thread.

Thanks, Pete

Ah, right on. Do those ever get updated? Or are they pretty much once you've got them, you got them and can rely on the Forge updating the extension.
    Last edited by daggerfortysix; July 30th, 2021 at 21:25.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

Quote Originally Posted by daggerfortysix View Post
    Ah, right on. Do those ever get updated? Or are they pretty much once you've got them, you got them and can rely on the Forge updating the extension.
    The spell token/spell template xml do not change much at all. They could if I get reports that they have gone out of sync due to updates to the graphic token source modules.

Yep forge should keep the extension and starfinder module up to date for you.

I'm not 100% sure that the 'check for updates' box goes red for forge updates yet, but it probably should and if its not it will get a fix at some point.

-pete

Created some theads to report issues on token stack and tracking control...

Token stack order
    Token drag api callback issues
    Token add/delete api call back issues

If we want these to get resolved then please go and add a comment to make it more visible that people want these sorts of things fixed.

Thanks, Pete

FORGE update only for now.

Updated Spell Tokens with some new structure and the ability to add a spell token 'icon' and 'shape' into the configuration system.

At the moment the 'shape' is only partly used, you should not see any real changes, but this allows character spell 're-parse' to start to track the icon/shape side for later updates. ( Just trying to not require extra re-add of spells or lots of re-parse usage.. )

I would advise re-adding spells, re-parse with shift held should be ok.

I've updated the spell tokens xml file which can be re-imported on the host to update the spell tokens configuration window.

( I'll ask if we can get some icons from Gareth Jensen, as a lot of the high resolution graphics when small on the character sheet look poor. Hence why I added icon support. )

If you have any issue, feedback or comments please let me know.

Thanks, Pete

As a DMG owner I now bought the discounted version from the Forge and will give it another try. Last week I used spell tokens (without extension) and noticed that you at least you can now move NPCs easily even when they are covered by Assets tokens.

Everything seems to have come in fine. The re-parse works. I did notice we are missing the shape option of wall or line for things like walls, gust of wind...etc.

Thread Information