STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 104 First ... 412131415162464 ... Last
    I really appreciate the ease of use of this extension. I’m finally able to use the spell tokens I’ve had for years. Thank you.

I wanted to ask if there was any plans to make tokens “attachable” to PCs for things like auras?
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by viviolay View Post
    I really appreciate the ease of use of this extension. I’m finally able to use the spell tokens I’ve had for years. Thank you.

I wanted to ask if there was any plans to make tokens “attachable” to PCs for things like auras?
    Thanks for the feedback, as to 'attachable' that is not what the spell tokens do... as the spell tokens are real tokens like the character tokens... to be 'attached' they have to be 'bitmap image' types attached to the character token, then you can not rotate or properly scale them etc.. so its not on my list of things to do within this extension. It would require a totally different code base and so I'd probably build a new extension for that system, but as I say it would be very limited in what it can do. In a way you are better to just use the new light effect item when this is released by FG as then you can have a glow around you like when you carry a torch... for most people this would be suitable and go a long way to the look that you want because you can set its colour etc..

Hope that answers your question.

Quote Originally Posted by viviolay View Post

Was thinking over night about your question.... about "attachable"... its possible to use the system that tracks player/npc tokens that are under a spell token... at the moment for the DM only this allow them to drag the tokens under the spell token by dragging the spell token 'known' from the tool tip that its going to move the token under.. after the release of the drag the system moves the spell token back and jumps the tokens that were under the spell token to the drag end spot.

Its possible to do something like that for a player, say with 'hold shift' to move the 'full' stack, your player token and any spell tokens under it. Which would sort of do what you are talking about, but might 'catch' other tokens if then end up under the player token you want to move. While possible I just dont know how often a player token and an attached spell token would 'overlap' with other spell tokens/npc tokens that might then get moved as the stack etc...

another type of solution, might be to drag a spell token onto the map the player is on, and then have a combat tracker 'slot' that you then drag that spell token back onto the combat tracker to try and link these together, so that when the player is moved it also moves the spell token. Again its a bit of a faf for the player to re-setup on each map..

but I'll continue to think about other possible options that might work within the system to 'bind' a token with a spell token to move together... But It might not happen, let me ponder on it for a bit..

I just picked this up and it looks great, but tonight I ran into this error when using the auras ext and the spell tokens ext.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...E-Aura-Effects

This only happens when the client moves a spell token on the map. The GM/host saw no error. No auras were placed on any of the CT tokens so this is just happening by having both ext loaded.

I posted over there as well.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nephranka; May 5th, 2021 at 02:23.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I just picked this up and it looks great, but tonight I ran into this error when using the auras ext and the spell tokens ext.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...E-Aura-Effects

This only happens when the client moves a spell token on the map. The GM/host saw no error. No auras were placed on any of the CT tokens so this is just happening by having both ext loaded.

I posted over there as well.

Thanks!
    Have you checked it with ?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    have you updated to v0.10?
    If its still and issue, can you attach a minimal camapign zip, that allow me to just move a token (and which one.. ) and it cause the error and I'll take a look.

( But looks like an aura code issue, but we might need to do some joint 'checks' to make this function together as the spell tokens do not live on the combat tracker which might be an issue.. )

-pete

EDIT: I had a quick look at the Aura changes between v0.9 and v0.10, and it looks like it should be fixed.
    ( The issue was getting data from the combat tracker and assuming it was valid to get the name, 'v0.9 line 233 -> CombatManager.getCTFromToken(tokenMap).getNodeName ()', in v0.10 this line is now split with a 'nil' check, lines 36-39, before sending the message 'v0.10 line 44 -> nodeCT.getNodeName()' )
    Last edited by bratch9; May 5th, 2021 at 10:33.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Have you checked it with ?

If its still and issue, can you attach a minimal camapign zip, that allow me to just move a token (and which one.. ) and it cause the error and I'll take a look.

( But looks like an aura code issue, but we might need to do some joint 'checks' to make this function together as the spell tokens do not live on the combat tracker which might be an issue.. )

-pete

EDIT: I had a quick look at the Aura changes between v0.9 and v0.10, and it looks like it should be fixed.
    ( The issue was getting data from the combat tracker and assuming it was valid to get the name, 'v0.9 line 233 -> CombatManager.getCTFromToken(tokenMap).getNodeName ()', in v0.10 this line is now split with a 'nil' check, lines 36-39, before sending the message 'v0.10 line 44 -> nodeCT.getNodeName()' )
    Thanks for the info. I totally missed v10. Once I got it, all the issues are resolved. Sorry for the false alarm and thanks for the quick response.

Just letting people know, the new FGU 4.1.0 version has broken the extra movement code used to move stacks of tokens about.

It seems they have gone for the FGC version style in FGU which picks up the top token and when you release the dragged token it puts that token at the bottom of the stack. This causes tokens on release of movement to now drop below everything. This was only an issue on GM side, but now can happen on the player side between the player tokens and player spell tokens. On the player side GM tokens/spell tokens still seem to be below.

I'll take a look as the new release has changed/fixed a number of token callbacks the were not happening between host and client.

So maybe I can work a new 'bodge' that get around these changes.

( As talked about before, its not in FG interests to fix this as they want the spell templates to be used by the gm to add tokens to the map... but most people still want players to be able to deal with their own spell tokens.. )

Ran into this issue tonight. With this and the token height ext only in a clean 5e build, I can not place spell tokens on a map. It silently fails. Turn off token height and I can place spell tokens. Did not expect that. Any thoughts? I am posting on the token height thread as well. Thanks!

With both on - spell tokens cannot be placed. (screen1)

With token height off - spell tokens can be placed (screen2)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Ran into this issue tonight. With this and the token height ext only in a clean 5e build, I can not place spell tokens on a map. It silently fails. Turn off token height and I can place spell tokens. Did not expect that. Any thoughts? I am posting on the token height thread as well. Thanks!

With both on - spell tokens cannot be placed. (screen1)

With token height off - spell tokens can be placed (screen2)
    Looked into the issue, and its a bug in the height extension not calling super onDrop, causing loss of other functions as well as spell tokens.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...099#post601099

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; May 17th, 2021 at 12:00.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Looked into the issue, and its a bug in the height extension not calling super onDrop, causing loss of other functions as well as spell tokens.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...099#post601099

-pete
    Thank you. I will take a look. I am glad it is an easy fix because I really like the spell tokens and the height ext!

Thread Information