FG Spreadshirt Swag
    I was on TEST and found that spell tokens is blocking the grabbing and moving of tokens on the map in 2.5D mode. I thought I would pass it along.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I was on TEST and found that spell tokens is blocking the grabbing and moving of tokens on the map in 2.5D mode. I thought I would pass it along.
    This is expected, I suspect it will break a lot in 2.5d mode... also would be nice to have a 'camera aligned' spell effect to go with on the planar ground token. But as I dont look after the effect graphics I can not do that. Its also still early days on the 2.5D, in the video they released they had loads of issues adjusting the 'height' of a token, as it changed the height and moved the token away from the 'cursor' selection and so you had to chase the token around as it moved !! I'm sure they will add some 'stick' and maybe forced mouse pointer move to try and keep it aligned etc...

I also think its not due for many week, so many things can/will change before its release.

We probably need a realistic serious change to go with this change, as I'm sure keeping the tokens sorting order/selection probably also breaks has issues to deal with etc..

At the moment, I've been playing with getting a token 'mask' into the system to bring back per-pixel token selection on the normal top-down view. ( But getting the data in is a pain due to limited access to file formats the FG will deal with inside lua !! )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

B9.png
    I just bought this extension. The only options I have are import and export xml. The video I watched had an "Add Item" button as well. What am I missing? I do have B9 - Common Core installed.
    Last edited by JadedGamer; February 29th, 2024 at 19:10.

Go back to the very first posting in this thread, grab the appropriate .xml, and import it. If you want to add an item manually, right click.
    Last edited by swbuza; February 29th, 2024 at 20:02.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by JadedGamer View Post
    B9.png
    I just bought this extension. The only options I have are import and export xml. The video I watched had an "Add Item" button as well. What am I missing? I do have B9 - Common Core installed.

If you 'right click' on the 'list' area you get a 'create item' button in the bottom radial. This is standard for most window lists in FGU, you also get a 'delete item' if you right click on a specific line.. Or you can use the 'edit' button on the bottom right of the window to enable the standard list 'delete' line little circle you double click on to remove. This should match with basically any window list control across FG and each ruleset.

create.JPG

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Thank you, this is what I was missing.

"Go back to the very first posting in this thread, grab the appropriate .xml, and import it. If you want to add an item manually, right click."

Thank you, this is what I was missing.

Please note for all the DMsGuild people, they requested I re-upload the latest spell tokens build v7.21 to see if it uploads correctly. Which in my test it did, so please let me know if you sync and dont get the required update.

ALSO NOTE, as this is spell tokens pre-FGU 4.5.0 update, both the forge and DMsGuild version probably dont work at this time due to the update. I'm going to be working over all my extensions to correct/update issues caused by the latest update and ruleset changes. As spell tokens is a very complex extension working in the same area as the 2.5D new 4.5.0 mode, many issues will exist. Things I would note are the extra radial items that are standard now for 'push to back' and 'pull to front' below the rotate radial items, this leaves just one slot in the radial. Since Spell tokens uses 3 slots on the radial for 'target friend', 'target foe', and 'change layer' this is going to be a UI issue. I'm also not sure if the spell tokens will get moved into a vertical view in the 2.5D mode, as I noticed the player tokens that are configured for the 2.5D mode get a 'shadow' blob area on the 2.5D ground for selection along with the 2.5D camera aligned alpha tested graphic. So the extension might need serious work to get working between the 2 modes etc..

So a spell tokens update will take a while to deal with.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

I was told my DMsG to rename the file and it should upload. I've been going back and forth with DMsG for this for months!

Thank you for your continued work on this, I love this EXT.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I was told my DMsG to rename the file and it should upload. I've been going back and forth with DMsG for this for months!

Thank you for your continued work on this, I love this EXT.
    I was asked by DMsGuild (Jack) to do the reupload on friday 8th march. As I was away from home, I'm just getting around to doing as they requested to see if the changes they made resolved the issue.

While I previously could have rename it, this is not the point and should be 'old' work around now.

My upload did upload and update in my 'DMsGuild' application sync as expected while it did not on previously updates. So it looks like they might have fixed this issue now. Hence they are asking developers to update and report back if it worked or not. ( Hence why I've not renamed or changed to .zip the extensions. As a developer my self, when trying to find these sorts of issues I dont want the developer with issues doing extra random stuff in their account and causing tracking/debug issues... hence I've not renamed or even uploaded any updates until I was asked to do so by DMsGuild. )

As per my request, can people update from the DMsGuild application, download account web section etc. ( Depending on how you normally get updates.. ) And if you have issues let me know so I can report back.

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information