FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 105 First ... 891011122060 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    FGU (animated GIF):

Thanks, While not ideal... I dont see the point of opaque textures used like this... if its supposed to 'hide' things but you still want creature location on top... it defeats the point of the effect.. And by the looks you have a 'alpha' ( probably image layer ) version under it.. ( probably debug/test.. )

I dont recognise the image in use, I dont think its any of the FG template images, so it must be a different pack/custom image.

What is the issue with just using a pre-transparent image ? ( Well as you say, if its a purchased pack you might not have the ability to, external to FG, edit the image to pre-alpha it to allow NPC under it to show... maybe you could ask the pack designer to update and include a pre-alpha set of images... )

Yes I know on the 'image' layer via DM you can 'alpha' it out... but tokens dont get this feature/control.. so I assume this texture was designed for image layer...

I feel your pain, but I dont have any control on layer order for npc and spell tokens this requires an API change... And I dont have any alpha control of the token, it would require an API change... and we all know how long that is going to take !!

I can only offer the solution of using an alpha texture so you dont need to remember the locations of the npc... and Id also say that would then be a better image, as I assume even on DM image layer you would 'alpha' it out with the slider so you can still see things like the 'beds' as a DM i'd probably want those still visible to use as 'difficult terrain' etc...

I've given you options on how to solve this, while not ideal, it is a workable solution. ( If that texture pack is of dm guild you probably can just unpack the zip and spend a few minutes in gimp to alpha the textures and save them back. )

-- double post --
    Last edited by Weissrolf; March 18th, 2021 at 00:46.

How do I move NPC tokens that are covered by even transparent spell tokens? v3 lists something about dragging, but that part wasn't clear to me.

How do I move NPC tokens that are covered by even transparent spell tokens? v3 lists something about dragging, but that part wasn't clear to me.

NOTE... this is DM only... as FGU players can not move NPC anyway... and so them been below tokens is not an issue as the player token will be on top of spell tokens..

If you enable the 'extra selection mode'...

selection.PNG

Then you will get a extra tool tip information when your pointer is over 'one or more' items.

tooltip.PNG

Items starting with a '-' should be PC/NPC tokens and '*' should be spell tokens. [ Its looks for 'aaa (bbb)' type format, so if its spots a bracketed end name it classes this as a spell token.. ]

With the 'extra selection mode' on, and npc below token showing in the tool tip... if you 'left click and hold and drag' as normal, it will move whatever is the top item... [ i can not stop this due to layer issues. ], but once you 'let go of the mouse drag' the system checks what was shown in the tool tip, in this case 'brown bear' and 'fireball' ( the fireball would have been the drag item.. ). If you had and '-' (PC/NPC) items in the list it will apply the movement drag to the 'fireball' onto the 'brown bear' and also re-set/move back the dragged 'fireball' to its start position.

If you only have a single item on the tool tip that will move as per expected and remain in the place you dropped it.

While its not a 'nice' as I'd like it to be for the DM, it does allow the NPC token(s) below a spell token to be moved. ( And yes if you have some overlapping NPC tokens so you get more than one '-' item in the tool tip it will move all of them... in the same way ctrl-left click would multiple select them as targets. )

-pete

Unfortunately this does not work for me in 4.0.10. In 5E the spell token even covers both PCs and NPCs. In PF2 it only covers NPCs, but the "Extra selection mode" does not work. Tested with empty campaigns of 5E and PF2, no other extensions loaded.

Unfortunately this does not work for me in 4.0.10. In 5E the spell token even covers both PCs and NPCs. In PF2 it only covers NPCs, but the "Extra selection mode" does not work. Tested with empty campaigns of 5E and PF2, no other extensions loaded.

I'll take a look, the latest updates might have broken a number of items... which is why I did not want to have to re-write all the target/selection/move code as part of this extension to try and get around a simple layer issue in the root FG side as it make it way more sensitive to breakage..

Is there a way to implement this for use with NPCs? For example, I have a Flameskull that is going to Fireball the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxyr View Post
    Is there a way to implement this for use with NPCs? For example, I have a Flameskull that is going to Fireball the players.
    lol... nice use of flame skull...

while an NPC does not get a spell token in the combat tracker to drag out... the DM can open the assets, and spell configuration window..

You can use the search bar for the spell or scroll the list... if the DM drags the token off this window onto the map, the system will size a token and name it 'Fireball (DM)' so you know its the DM one !!

Release v3.1 should sort this out for you...

Let me know if you still have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    lol... nice use of flame skull...

while an NPC does not get a spell token in the combat tracker to drag out... the DM can open the assets, and spell configuration window..

You can use the search bar for the spell or scroll the list... if the DM drags the token off this window onto the map, the system will size a token and name it 'Fireball (DM)' so you know its the DM one !!
    Would that include the targeting option as well? Like set the characters who are in radius of the token as the targets for the NPC?

Thread Information