DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 104 First ... 1018192021223070 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    A lot of the "spell tokens" in my games are Auras so selection is an issue and the Aura should move with the player token. Also I could be wrong on this but when I add tokens the token is calculating vision so seems it is an unneeded calculation that adds to performance slowdown (more tokens you add the slower FGU gets).

Also Layers look nicer and its visibility takes into account LOS and Lighting.

Yep been masked by vision would be nice, but layers only happen on the DM side so if a player moves a token the DM has to move the layer. I do not see FGU ever getting player editable layer options, as this would basically give them 100% access to everything on the map hidden or not. It would be a massive/fundamental amount of work to create a player edit layer side. ( I'm not saying it will never happen, it could, but I've not seen anything about this option. )

Spell tokens have a small 'light' built into them, this is done to allow them to be part of vision ( as you say... ) but it also makes it possible for you to see them when they are not selected. Its a give/take thing, if it was not an aura and away from the player its required to help been able to select/move the player token and then be able to still see/select/move a spell token etc..

At the moment, spell tokens placed on the top of a player token, if you grab at the center of the player token both are ( should be ) dragged together. ( This uses a 25x25 grid area for the alignment and pair selection for the mouse hit box.. I'll make it 50% of the map grid size at some point, because if you run at say 100+ pixel grid size for the map the selection box to hit would be very small.. ) Depending on the map lighting settings this was not working on older FGU, but since 4.1.3 it should be fixed.

Let me know if you are having issues with this working or not ? ( as i say it could be you have high resolution maps and a big grid pixel size making the hit box very small, if this is the case please wait for an update. If you have issues on a standard 50 pixel grid map, let me know. )

I could possibly have an on-drop option, say 'hold shift' while you drop the spell token on map that disables the adding of light+vision... ( I'll add this to a my todo list.. )

I'm also looking into adding a option that while dragging a spell token about you can press a key (maybe ctrl) and it will add tokens under it to your target selection. ( I dont know when this will be added, but its on my todo list. Thinking spirit guardians auto moved with the player and the player adding more targets as he moves to apply the effect, or a 'dawn' spell effect that can be moved about when not near the player token and selecting to the use the character spell effect button to add the require effect to those targets. )

I'd also love to have a proper lighting masked spell token support, but its not possible with current API access.. All we can hope for is that getting this extension to a very good usable for player/dm side as best as possible, inspires FG dev team to extend the API or to 'fix' layers to a point players can put down ( FG spell templates ) layers instead of just the dm...

Hope this answers your questions, I'm always open to feedback/suggestions. ( But somethings are just not possible with the api access.. )

-pete

Thanks for the detailed response. :-)

I should have prefaced my first comment with acknowledgement that my idea is a wish that is not possible with current API. I didn't mean it as a knock against your extension. I guess for my idea to work SW devs would have to build in something like how Token Lights work where the layer could be activated by an effect. Anyway, probably not going to happen so Token method it is.

Do you think your workaround for other rulesets will work for 4E? I will do some testing on my end to see if I can get it to work.

Thanks!

Thanks for the detailed response. :-)

I should have prefaced my first comment with acknowledgement that my idea is a wish that is not possible with current API. I didn't mean it as a knock against your extension. I guess for my idea to work SW devs would have to build in something like how Token Lights work where the layer could be activated by an effect. Anyway, probably not going to happen so Token method it is.

Do you think your workaround for other rulesets will work for 4E? I will do some testing on my end to see if I can get it to work.

Thanks!
    Not as issue with suggestions, many people will not know if its possible or not. I'll read a suggestion and give feedback, sometimes I can take all or some of it and maybe implement bits. It also gives a view into how other people/groups are using the extension, which might be in a different way to my groups usage.

It should be possible to do 4e for the extension, it would need some custom setup/code. I'll add it to my todo list.

Thanks,
    -pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post

It should be possible to do 4e for the extension, it would need some custom setup/code. I'll add it to my todo list.

Thanks,
    -pete
    Thank you!

Thank you!
    Hi,

I've made a v3.9.7 version release, this has some basic support for 4e ( player. )... But due to how the modules are releases for 4.0 I just dont have any data to do tests with. At the moment when you drag on a spell token its is 5x too big, due to the default FG Battle Maps used in 4e resorting to 1 unit per square instead of the normal 5 unit per square in other rule sets. I dont know if this is how other modules configured for 4e are setup.. So please watch out for this and check the grid distance units of the map. ( If every module map is at 1 unit per square I'll have to add a 4e exception into the scale code to cope. ) But it just looks wrong to me when you use the measure tool on the grid and it reports '1' for a distance of one square !!

You need to use the updated extension.xml at the start of the thread to test this out.

If you could setup a new 4e campaign with a quick player and add them to the combat tracker and add a couple of different NPC that have 'spells/powers', then I can use these NPC to debug sorting out if the spell tokens for NPC end up in the combat tracker ( like 5e ), or if they end up on the NPC shortcut in a power tab like most other rule sets. ( I tried setting up an npc by hand, but with no example and no spells to add to it I could not get a working NPC.. it should be easy if you have access to the 4e core books, which I assume you do.. hence the request for 4e support. )

Thanks, Pete

Thanks for the update!

In 4e, all distance is counted in squares and not feet (1sq = 5ft). So two squares on the map is calculated and reported by the measuring tool as a distance of 2 :-)

I will test your new version now and also make a test campaign for you. I'll send you the campaign shortly.

Thanks again! Very excited to use this extension!

4E test campaign

Here is a test campaign with some creatures and a PC with spells. Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is a test campaign with some creatures and a PC with spells. Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Thank you!
    Thanks, This looks good for me to use.

Thank you!
    Hi,

I've updated the extension to have spell tokens in the combat tracker for 4e and the player ones... i've sorted out the scale due to the use of 1 for a square and not 5 ft.

Let me know if this is working ok, and if you have any feedback.

Thanks, Pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Hi,

I've updated the extension to have spell tokens in the combat tracker for 4e and the player ones... i've sorted out the scale due to the use of 1 for a square and not 5 ft.

Let me know if this is working ok, and if you have any feedback.

Thanks, Pete
    So far it seems to be working well. I have only tested on Host side. Will test clients later.

I added to my 4E extension list if you don't mind.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post571779

Thread Information