DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 56 of 105 First ... 646545556575866 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveStewart332 View Post
    Thanks Pete - found that. All I need to do now is figure out how to make it work! If there is an idiot's guide anywhere, that would be useful. Also got your Spell Domain extension - already proving to be really useful, thanks!
    It depends on what you want to know about, as some of it can get complex.

Are you using a spell token pack, ie 'Gareth Jensen' pack for 5e ?? , if so the quickest option is to use the 'blue' import button to use the 'B9_SpellTokens.xml' to setup for this pack.

( Even if you dont have this pack, I would advise you to create a new campaign and import this anyway, as it gives you a bunch of settings to look at.. even with out the graphics pack once imported you could always just drag any graphic onto the 'token' dots in the configuration window. )

Most of the basics are shown on the forge page, in a few graphics.. Basically I assume an import of graphics data, then add some spells that use the tokens onto a character sheet, select a map and drag them on as needed. Once on the map you can 'right click' to get the option wheel and use the 'red','green' icons ( that look like the ones from the bottom of the combat tracker.. ) and use this to select 'hostile' or 'friendly' creatures... ( Or use shift to select all on either icon.. ) It should have help text on the icon, I think..

Past this it starts to get technical, if you want to talk about the different option selection modes, and configuring reduced collision space to 'tighten' up the selection area to more how you want it to work, and then extra advanced mode of building spell tokens and doing configuration of the resolution mapping and even possibly setting up light effect for the token.

Most have been covered in the thread, yep scattered about in the thread does not make it easy.

But what 'stage' of information do you want so I can write up some words for you.

( As some point, if I get time, I'll pull some more details into the top of the thread, or expand the store page. As a few new things have been added. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Managed to get everything up and running - looking forward to springing it on my players in about 15 minutes time!

G'day. Is the "save/export" spell tokens a thing yet. I know there was talk of it
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    G'day. Is the "save/export" spell tokens a thing yet. I know there was talk of it
    Cheers
    Not at the moment... but you can just open the db.xml in the campaign and find the section <spelltokens> and cut'n'paste that into other campaign.

Its still in my todo list, but I've not had much time to look after my extensions.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

No probs, cheers

Hello. Everytime I open a map I get the following error when the extension is enabled in PF2E:

"[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/image_B9ST.lua"]:78: attempt to call field 'onGridStateChanged' (a nil value)"

Anything I can do about it?

Turns out that I had a version 6.4 EXT file in my extensions folder that would not get removed even when I disabled the extension in Forge. I manually deleted the file and re-enabled the extension in Forge and now got a version 6.5 that does not throw the error.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Turns out that I had a version 6.4 EXT file in my extensions folder that would not get removed even when I disabled the extension in Forge. I manually deleted the file and re-enabled the extension in Forge and now got a version 6.5 that does not throw the error.
    Thanks for the update on this.
    -pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

released v6.6, this now supports both import and export of the spell configuration and spell suffix data. ( And a few bits of tidy up.. )
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

I purchased this extension months ago, but I put it down shortly after because it still needed some work. However, it seems to have come a long way. That said, I've read the Forge entry and the first post here, but both places seem to be lacking some important, but basic information. The answers to my questions might be buried in the 55 pages, but do people really need to spend a couple of hours reading the entire thread to find out:

1. What the options in the options menu do, exactly?
    2. What does collision percentage do?
    3. If I want to change the map suffix, what is the syntax? Is it just f________________5'?

This stuff might be incredibly obvious to some, but I can 100% guarantee you that there are a bunch of people that don't have clue, but are too proud or embarrassed to ask.
    Last edited by BushViper; February 2nd, 2022 at 07:35.

Thread Information