DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 104 First ... 614151617182666 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Per the first post the extension is for 5e.

Never mind. I read a little more
    Due to the DMs guild extensions state I had to have them host just the 5e version.. I provide extra extensions.xml file to update the zip file to re-enable the other platforms..

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Thanks!
    Updated a new version v3.7 for you, so that once the height extension is updated ( or you patch the token height extension code by hand.. ), if tokens are 'under' spell tokens it also passes the 'alt'+scroll wheel down to the token height extension so it can adjust the height calculation for you..

let me know if the token height extension has any 'other' modes that are getting blocked by the tokens been under spell tokens..

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Updated a new version v3.7 for you, so that once the height extension is updated ( or you patch the token height extension code by hand.. ), if tokens are 'under' spell tokens it also passes the 'alt'+scroll wheel down to the token height extension so it can adjust the height calculation for you..

let me know if the token height extension has any 'other' modes that are getting blocked by the tokens been under spell tokens..

-pete
    Disregard I was updating the wrong file.

Edit: Looks to be working now. I will do a little testing and let you know. Thanks!
    Last edited by nephranka; May 17th, 2021 at 21:57.

So, the good news is the height is working as well as the other move features. Strangely, when the client puts out a token and moves it, they lose sight on the map. It is as if they have the tokens senses which has no vision (screen1)? Turning off the light option on the map gives back revealed map areas but no other tokens(screen2). GM's view screen3.
    Attached Images Attached Images

When I went back to reproduce it, I could not get the exact repeat but I did pick up that my fireball token on the client side gives me the player vision through it when I click it to move it. So I assume I somehow got the early example in a zone I had no vision (like in a wall).

Easy to reproduce this: map with lighting & LOS (screen1), client drops a spell token on a far away part of the map. Click the token to move it and you should see areas of the map the player has not yet (screen 2). It is almost like "party vision" is on but the options say off (screen3)?

Edit: And token lock makes moving these very hard. The text is giant (screen4).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nephranka; May 18th, 2021 at 11:12.

Quote Originally Posted by woopah View Post
    It worked. I was trying to test the extension with random tokens while importing the Spelltokens.xml even though i did not have 'G Jensens' pack, mybad. Downloaded v3.6 and tested it in a new campaign without importing the xml and it worked. Thanks a lot pete.

Attachment 46844
    Using Jensens pack is not a requirement ( its designed for 5e, so might not work as well in PF [ for which you need to 'adjust' the module to add extra rule set support ] ), but the spelltokens.xml is the configuration file for that pack...

Adding your own graphics is why you get 'edit' features to add/remove on the spell token configuration screen.

If you know of any token packs for PF, I'm happy to make an .xml file for the pack..

Or if you end up with a set you make and decide to release them, then again I can setup a .xml file for those.

If you want to 'move' a more hand configured set of custom tokens between campaigns you can just copy the <spelltokens> and <spellsuffix> sections from the db.xml and place in the new one. ( Or you can use the <spelltokens> and make an xml file like the provided others its not hard to edit in a text editor. )

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    When I went back to reproduce it, I could not get the exact repeat but I did pick up that my fireball token on the client side gives me the player vision through it when I click it to move it. So I assume I somehow got the early example in a zone I had no vision (like in a wall).

Easy to reproduce this: map with lighting & LOS (screen1), client drops a spell token on a far away part of the map. Click the token to move it and you should see areas of the map the player has not yet (screen 2). It is almost like "party vision" is on but the options say off (screen3)?

Edit: And token lock makes moving these very hard. The text is giant (screen4).
    Let me address a couple of items... spell tokens are still 'tokens' at a fundamental level, they have to be to allow placement and movement/rotation/scale etc..

Because spell tokens are 'owned' by the person that places them, they are going to add to vision. Tokens get vision and 'owned' spell tokens can allow 'party movement' to be tracked.

So at the moment, if party movement is off, you should only be able to move your player token and your player spell tokens.

if party movement is on, you should be able to move all your party tokens and spell tokens about.

( NOTE... i do not track on the fly changes to part movement option... if you change it, delete and replace the spell tokens.. in normal game play you do not change this all the time.. but in 'testing' when playing with a new extension change you might.. )

If I remove the 'owner' option, it would allow you to move other party member spell tokens, while not been able to move the other party member actual token... and also allow you to move DM spell tokens !!

While the spell token does show an unknown part of the map at the time, its not something I can stop. ( I'll take a look, but I dont think I can.. )

As for 'token lock' this is another total loss, its just not going to work. In this mode the extension does not even get movement call backs, so you can not move a token under a spell token around... if you could it would probably generate multiple 'yes/no' move approve requirement which would be a pain. The text size for the 'yes/no' is not in the rule set code, I did a quick look for it in the past and could not find it in code I have access to. So no movement callbacks, and no control of the text, not a lot I can do about it.

Basically, not a lot I can do on vision, you are moving a token about... even if it has a 'texture' of a spell token on it. Its still a token so gets vision..

'token lock' basically takes you into 'disabled' mode and the system can not deal with moving player tokens under spell tokens... so is not a workable option.

Unless we can get a new fundamental type of 'marker' to go with the 'token' and 'shortcut' first class types, its not possible to deal with spell tokens and not get a bunch of issues.

Because FG have gone with the DM and 'image' map edit for spell templates, I do not see us getting a code fix to expose the requirement to 'clean' up the issues caused by my extension to a 'perfect' state. What we might get is pressure on FG to make spell template support available to players, but that would require players editing the map... I dont see that happening either.

The issues you have are known, but not a lot I can do about it withing functional changes to the game system outside the rule set. When I've asked for these things, response is 'its not a priority', maybe if lots and lots of people bug them about it we could get a change. But I dont see that because of the spell templates so it is clear they 'dont' want to fix this issue, because they have decided to go a different route.

All I can do is make the best possible and hope lots of people use it, and FG pick up that they either need to fix support to make it work properly or they spend time making spell templates work better to player/dm...

-pete

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Let me address a couple of items... spell tokens are still 'tokens' at a fundamental level, they have to be to allow placement and movement/rotation/scale etc..

Because spell tokens are 'owned' by the person that places them, they are going to add to vision. Tokens get vision and 'owned' spell tokens can allow 'party movement' to be tracked.

So at the moment, if party movement is off, you should only be able to move your player token and your player spell tokens.

if party movement is on, you should be able to move all your party tokens and spell tokens about.

( NOTE... i do not track on the fly changes to part movement option... if you change it, delete and replace the spell tokens.. in normal game play you do not change this all the time.. but in 'testing' when playing with a new extension change you might.. )

If I remove the 'owner' option, it would allow you to move other party member spell tokens, while not been able to move the other party member actual token... and also allow you to move DM spell tokens !!

While the spell token does show an unknown part of the map at the time, its not something I can stop. ( I'll take a look, but I dont think I can.. )

As for 'token lock' this is another total loss, its just not going to work. In this mode the extension does not even get movement call backs, so you can not move a token under a spell token around... if you could it would probably generate multiple 'yes/no' move approve requirement which would be a pain. The text size for the 'yes/no' is not in the rule set code, I did a quick look for it in the past and could not find it in code I have access to. So no movement callbacks, and no control of the text, not a lot I can do about it.

Basically, not a lot I can do on vision, you are moving a token about... even if it has a 'texture' of a spell token on it. Its still a token so gets vision..

'token lock' basically takes you into 'disabled' mode and the system can not deal with moving player tokens under spell tokens... so is not a workable option.

Unless we can get a new fundamental type of 'marker' to go with the 'token' and 'shortcut' first class types, its not possible to deal with spell tokens and not get a bunch of issues.

Because FG have gone with the DM and 'image' map edit for spell templates, I do not see us getting a code fix to expose the requirement to 'clean' up the issues caused by my extension to a 'perfect' state. What we might get is pressure on FG to make spell template support available to players, but that would require players editing the map... I dont see that happening either.

The issues you have are known, but not a lot I can do about it withing functional changes to the game system outside the rule set. When I've asked for these things, response is 'its not a priority', maybe if lots and lots of people bug them about it we could get a change. But I dont see that because of the spell templates so it is clear they 'dont' want to fix this issue, because they have decided to go a different route.

All I can do is make the best possible and hope lots of people use it, and FG pick up that they either need to fix support to make it work properly or they spend time making spell templates work better to player/dm...

-pete
    No worries. Thank you for taking the time to walk me through the things I am seeing. I was caught off guard and did not expect that behavior from the tokens but what you are saying makes total sense. I am sorry to rehash old issues. I just did not see the discussions around this before I posted.

I still will use the ext. I like the spell tokens and turning off/on token lock is not the end of the world. The vision issue will be situational but manageable. I do have one question about an option. I don't have an issue with players being able to move other player tokens nor being able to move my tokens. So, could an option be made to to toggle ownership? In that way if you prioritize vision over ownership you could. If figure not likely but I thought I ask.

Thanks for all the work on this.

Hey does this extension allow you to use the spell tokens to target enemies/allies rather than having to ctrl click each target?
    Last edited by Leprekorn; May 20th, 2021 at 14:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Hey does this extension allow you to use the spell tokens to target enemies/allies rather than having to ctrl click each target?
    The answer is no...

In reality just how many tokens end up under your spell AoE ?

I dont play in massive games, mainly because FGU gets slower and slower, so if you have to ctrl+click 3 targets is that any worse than maybe having to 'right click the token' to bring up the radial menu, and then select one of 3 items for target party/allies/enemies... its probably quicker to just ctrl+click the couple of tokens.

The other option, which normally follows as a question, is can it not just 'auto' select.. then its a case you might have to 'fix' what it auto selected, again you end up with a few clicks to sort it... which is all it would have taken in the first place.

FG is a help to play, and I take the matching attitude. Why code something to save a couple of clicks that might require some extra clicks to sort out when the 'context' of requirement does not exist in the game to be accurate with a selection.

As much as I'd love to see better automation in FG, it lacks so much context that would be required to be flexible and accurate in the automation.

Thread Information