DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 53 of 104 First ... 343515253545563103 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Greetings Bratch,
    I wanted to know would I need to purchase a separate extension or module which contains the tokens for the spells?
    The various 'tokens' for the spells looks great in your example on the forge and I needed to know if those are a separate purchase.
    I believe I understand how this extension works and it seems very handy for myself and my players to use.
    We have been using FGU since its early release 2019.
    We play Pathfinder 2e and I am also wondering does this extension change the map from 5 feet to 1.5 or is that only for the spells?
    Best,
    Larsenex
    You are correct no spell token graphics provided with the extension. You need to provide your own or grab a pack from a different source.

( I normally link the 5e pack on DMsGuild, But with you talking about PF 2e I'm not sure of any specific packs for those spells. If you use a 5e pack you might have to hand edit the definition file in the art pack 'mod' file to set the 'ruleset' to 'any'. For the spell token graphics pack to show up outside 5e. )

Not sure on your 5 feet to 1.5. I'm assuming you are talking 1.5 meters ?

The extension does not change the map settings, but the extension does have 'suffix' support so if you change the map grid to '1.5' and set gird 'suffix' to 'm', it should then correct scale a spell token to that map grid size configuration. ( ie normal 5 foot per square map with a 10 foot spell token would take up 2x2 grid squares, and if the map grid is configured as '1.5 m' per square that same 10 foot configured spell token will still take up the 2x2 grid squares. )

Hope this helps, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

I try to figure out how the sizing of the tokens work. For example I have a map set to Distance Multiplier 5.0 Distance Suffix '
    I create a Spell Tokens Configuration Fireball 100 100 circle and the fireball tokens. Map Suffix ' 5
    When I drag the token to the map it has this size:
    Unbenannt.PNG
    It looks like 15' radius. What do I need to do to have it the needed 20 ' radius?
    I know I can resize it with the mouse but is there a beter way to habe the correct size when I drag it?

Quote Originally Posted by amanwing View Post
    I try to figure out how the sizing of the tokens work. For example I have a map set to Distance Multiplier 5.0 Distance Suffix '
    I create a Spell Tokens Configuration Fireball 100 100 circle and the fireball tokens. Map Suffix ' 5
    When I drag the token to the map it has this size:
    Unbenannt.PNG
    It looks like 15' radius. What do I need to do to have it the needed 20 ' radius?
    I know I can resize it with the mouse but is there a beter way to habe the correct size when I drag it?
    If you have it at 100 'pixels per 5 unit' in the configuration, and this comes out at 15 feet for you. ( Your image looks a little shorter than 15 feet )

Assuming its about 2.8 squares from the look of your screen shot. This gives the spell token graphic in use of resolution 2.8*100 = 280 pixels.. if you want that to cover 4 squares ( 20 feet radius ) then 280/4 = 70 'pixels per 5 unity'

So you need to set the 'units per 5 feet' to 70 instead of 100.

For a radius effect, to reduce 'over' selection some people reduce the collision down to about 95%. So players can stand on the edge of the effect when it cuts across a tiny bit of the corner of a square.

This effect looks like 'gareths' 5e spell tokens set. I've provided the 'B9_spelltokens.xml' file at the start of this thread which can be 'imported' with the 'blue' import xml button on the configuration screen. And this will set up the correct sizes for this pack. ( It does not 'refine' any of the collision sizes, these are all set at 100% as its upto the DM to decide if they want exact collision or a little flexibility. )

Hope this helps.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

I imported the xml but now it's worse. I included a picture. Maybe you can see what I did wrong?
    Unbenannt.PNG
    I included the config of my spell tokens here. Maybe thats why It doesnt scale for me?
    Unbenannt.PNG
    Last edited by amanwing; November 20th, 2021 at 21:48.

I imported the xml but now it's worse. I included a picture. Maybe you can see what I did wrong?
    Unbenannt.PNG
    I included the config of my spell tokens here. Maybe thats why It doesnt scale for me?
    Unbenannt.PNG
    This all looks ok to me, and I did a quick clean setup and the sizes were working as expected. ( I was using an FG battle map, and not the 150x150 sewer map as I dont own that. )

You should not need the suffix for the default (''' 5) feet, it normally just has the ('m' 1.5) to convert between meters and feet.. ( but this should not cause an issue, I tested it and even setting it to 10, just enlarged the spell tokens as expected. )

The only questions that I have are,

1. how did you 'drag' on the fireball token. ( Was it from the spell config window or from a character sheet ? )
    2. If it was from a character sheet did you re-add/reparse the spell to make sure its information was updated. ( This can get out of sync depending on how it was added, but in most cases it only needs a reparse if you have changed the icon/token graphic and want to get the update onto a character sheet. )

Also you do not need the 'fireball (150)=' in the spell configuration... normally you have 'fireball' on the spell configuration and 'fireball (150)=' on the character sheet. ( From the rob2e spell effects naming. )

This should not be an issue, unless you changed the name in the configuration and have a miss-match on the character sheet from an old setting. ie the character sheet still has the 'fireball' icon showing but now you have changed the name in the spell configuration and it can not match up the character sheet name with the configuration name.

The character spell->configuration name matching works by looking for an 'exact' match first, if that is not found the it strips off things like () sections to support the likes of character spell, 'fireball (150)=' from a rob2e spell effect, while the spell configuration only has the 'fireball' part. This matching/stripping back has a few situations that are used to work around naming conventions of a few modules, including the polymorph and rob2e etc.. that have extra 'stuff' encoded into the name of the character sheet.

If the 'name' match does not happen properly between the character sheet and the configuration, the token will be placed with default sizes. This is probably what is causing your issue.

Try deleting the spell on the character sheet and re-adding it. ( As the rob2e/'grim press auto effect' spells do not re-parse because of how they are made.. For these if you press and hold 'shift' when you select the right-click reparse spell then it should just update the spell token and not re-parse the actual spell description which would remove the custom effects of these types of modules. )

Normally go with the most 'basic' name for the spell in the 'spell configuration', if you want a 'fireball' spell token and a different one for 'fireball (150)=' then you do need to have both in the spell configuration.

Hope this helps.
    pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

1. I tried both. Same results.
    2. I deleted the old spell from the character sheet and incuded the spell using drag and drop.
    I tried the things you mentioned and I test now with a regular spell from 5e without using rob2es spells.
    Same. I just drag the spell call lightning onto the character sheet. It assigns the token and I drag the token to the map. Same effect.Unbenannt.jpg
    I also changed maps. It's the same.
    And thank you for your help
    Last edited by amanwing; November 21st, 2021 at 11:37.

2. I deleted the old spell from the character sheet and incuded the spell using drag and drop.
    I tried the things you mentioned and I test now with a regular spell from 5e without using rob2es spells.
    Same. I just drag the spell call lightning onto the character sheet. It assigns the token and I drag the token to the map. Same effect.Unbenannt.jpg
    is it possible for you to attach a zip of the campaign, so I can have a more detailed look at this. As I might be able to spot something specific.

also, can you confirm which version of FGU, ruleset, spell tokens extension version and if you have any other extensions enabled.

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Hi,

Just had a look at the 'call lightning' in your example, and this looks like a source spells token issue. If you go to the DMsGuild site for Gareths tokens he lists 'CALL LIGHTNING 10ft' and the graphic is 140x140 and these are normally authored at 70 pixels per square. So does look like a 10 foot spell token.

I know the spell lists a 60 foot radius.

Can you try the fireball, as I know that spell token is the correct size in the spell token graphics and configuration.

For 'call lightning' you will have to report the spell token graphic as the wrong size to Gareth to get him to 'fix' the token. ( My guess is it was read as 'cylinder that is 10 feet tall with a 60-foot radius' as was built as 10 feet tall instead of radius.. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

You were right. The Call Lightning token was the problem here. I also needed to set the Token (GM) autoscale to grid to 80 or 100% it was OFF.
    It seems to work now without problems. Fantastic! Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by amanwing; November 21st, 2021 at 16:32.

You were right. The Call Lightning token was the problem here. I also needed to set the Token (GM) autoscale to grid to 80 or 100% it was OFF.
    It seems to work now without problems. Fantastic! Thank you for your help!
    Happy to help get it working.

( If you want the call lightning at 60 foot, you would have to set to about 12 pixels per 5 units. ( But the resolution would then be low due to its size. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information