FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 70 of 105 First ... 2060686970717280 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Don't know if you have been on TEST but I was on TEST and I saw this ext was throwing an error. I know it made not matter until it is live but I thought I would pass it along:
    [ERROR] template: Unrecognized merge attribute (replace) for template (image_record_step), skipped. [B9_SpellTokens] [scripts/template_B9ST.xml]
    Not looked at the TEST branch, I've seen some 'version 4.3' blocked changes leak into public ruleset code, so was expecting some changes. ( As I spotted some changes with dice, so fingers crossed we get good changes... maybe import of texture on the dice.. but I've not even gone and looked at any of the 'stuff happing in next release' so you probably know more about this sort of thing that I do. )

My guess is they have refactored/removed the 'image_record_step', which is the main low level 'hook' the spell token extension uses to access things in core(under all the rulesets)... So my best guess is that this is going to totally break the spell tokens extension.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Not looked at the TEST branch, I've seen some 'version 4.3' blocked changes leak into public ruleset code, so was expecting some changes. ( As I spotted some changes with dice, so fingers crossed we get good changes... maybe import of texture on the dice.. but I've not even gone and looked at any of the 'stuff happing in next release' so you probably know more about this sort of thing that I do. )

My guess is they have refactored/removed the 'image_record_step', which is the main low level 'hook' the spell token extension uses to access things in core(under all the rulesets)... So my best guess is that this is going to totally break the spell tokens extension.

-pete
    Doh!

Moon was commenting on a different ext that I saw also broke. Maybe he can give you some insight for this one?

Doh!

Moon was commenting on a different ext that I saw also broke. Maybe he can give you some insight for this one?
    If you have a link to moon's comment, that would be a nice read...

But I think they have removed <template merge="replace">, which I use to swap some items... It does not need to be a replace, it can be done with the default 'add' mode. ( Made a quick test )

While this sorts the warning out and allows spell tokens to be placed onto the map, I had issues doing 'targeting' selection. So I'm sure more 'other' stuff has changed. I can see they have moved some things into the manager_image.lua global code section in coreRPG. Its possible they have changed the 'units' reported by the image system.

So its not a 10 min fix to correct that one error, it goes further into the code and bigger changes.

[ I do like the new dice trails, I'll probably take a look at a 'store' dice and see how its done.. see if its possible for 'us' to make dice packs... or if its been hidden in the c# side of the code and not exposed into the lua side for user created dice packs !! ]

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

thanks, thats not quite the same... I'll dm moon and let him know about the template issue because it might be a mistake error or an actual change.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

thanks, thats not quite the same... I'll dm moon and let him know about the template issue because it might be a mistake error or an actual change.

-pete
    I figure they were different but figured he would help given he said he thought the changes would have a very small impact on ext.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Okay, thanks - I must have missed that. Came really as a surprise.

Thanks - that would be great! Any idea on a time line? I have some upcoming bigger battle - guess I need to rename everything before to avoid a spoiler (unless you say: in two weeks).
    Just a quick question about this.... Just been doing some tests... If I add a creature to the combat tracker, and make it unidentified, when it drags a spell token off that creature to the map it will show as 'light (unidentified)' and it will stay as unidentified when you make the creature identified... if you drag another spell token on, this new one will have the 'fireball (baba)'.

So apart from it not been dynamic on the identification change, spell tokens do get marked a 'unidentified creature' or the creature name.

Maybe its a conflict with an extension ?

Could you give it a go with a clean campaign and a couple creatures and just spell token extension and let me know if this resolves it ?

If its still leaking the name, can you add some screen shots and attach the clean campaign zip for me to take a look at. ( ie more detail )

If it does not leak the name, but does with your extensions enabled, maybe only enable half your extensions and check... can binary chop to the conflicting extension. I can then take a look to see if I can fix it my side, or if I need to let the other extension owner know.

Thanks,
    Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

I figure they were different but figured he would help given he said he thought the changes would have a very small impact on ext.
    Ive done a non-version number update and removed the merge tag. So it should not report this issue now on the 4.3 build or live build. Spell tokens still have issues with 4.3, I could not target off the radial... But I could add them. So I need to debug that further. But at least they showup..

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Ive done a non-version number update and removed the merge tag. So it should not report this issue now on the 4.3 build or live build. Spell tokens still have issues with 4.3, I could not target off the radial... But I could add them. So I need to debug that further. But at least they showup..

-pete
    Progress!

Progress!
    So the non-target issue off the radial, looks like because I'd created the player on the host and testing on just the host. When I joined a client and claimed the character, when it added spell tokens the radial was selecting as expected.

My guess is that its working fine in 4.3, but I've not spent much time double checking this. ( I'll try and get some time and load up all my extensions and do a basic check they all work.. )

If you spot anything else, let me know.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information