FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 21 of 104 First ... 1119202122233171 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Hi,

I've updated the extension to have spell tokens in the combat tracker for 4e and the player ones... i've sorted out the scale due to the use of 1 for a square and not 5 ft.

Let me know if this is working ok, and if you have any feedback.

Thanks, Pete
    Could you step me through adding spell tokens to NPC/Combat Tracker?

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Could you step me through adding spell tokens to NPC/Combat Tracker?
    Sure I can.... It should be mainly automatic..

If you have a 'spell name' in the 'spells token configuration' that matches with the NPC action name it will add a token next to it.

see 4e.JPG , then you can drag it from the combat tracker to the map just like a player. ( Or you can drag the icon from the 'spell token configuration' window onto a map. It gets a different name via this route as it does not know what npc to get the name from.. )

You can just use the 'create item' in the spell token configuration to enter a 'name' and then from the 'assets' you can drag on the required icon into the 'icon slot on the right' and configure a size per 5 ft to pixel ratio of the icon. ( This will be one square on 4e with the '1' distance scale the system uses.. ) Basically if you have a 20 ft square icon and it is 200x200 pixels, the 20ft square takes up 4x'5 feet' so 200/4= 50 to set for the size. ( Or if you dont have the icon size just guess and then check it on a map and adjust as required... )

note... the above needs to be setup before you add the npc to the combat tracker. ( So while you are doing game prep setup you might want to just check all the npc you are going to use to make sure they are setup with icons you want etc... as I dont provide any spell token icons, you will have to find your own or use a pack. Obviously the more you setup the less missing tokens will happen !! )

note... if you have a pack of spell tokens you use you could create an 'import xml' file for this. Just start with an empty 'spell token configuration' and add all the spell tokens as needed and then go to the db.xml and grab the '<spelltokens>' xml block. Take a look at the provided samples and you should be able to see how to edit that into a standalone file you can reuse of other campaigns... or just past it into another campaign if you want to quick setup etc.. ( ie change the '<id-00007>' into an '<Alarm>' section for the alarm spell etc.. )

I provide an import xml for the 5e spell token pack 5e-Spell-Tokens by Gareth Jensen not sure how many tokens can be re-used for 4e spells from this, but it could be a start point as 4e is going to have a lot in common with the 5e spells.

Hope this helps, if you still have any issues just ask.

( Dont forget the system has a couple of option to select for alternative selection and if a spell token will add a light with the token. I'll probably adjust these options soon as the system is working well so I feel the need to default to off for these things is less required.. )

So far it seems to be working well. I have only tested on Host side. Will test clients later.

I added to my 4E extension list if you don't mind.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post571779
    not an issue.

Thanks for the instructions and the image.

I found out what was giving me an issue. I was applying a Lightning Spell at first. The lightning image is so long and thin that when shown as an icon its not seen. I thought it was not being applied and was not working. I did other spells and they were visible, then realized the lighting image scale was making the image not exist when shrunk down to icon. It is still selectable and works well. Not a big deal now that I know what's happening.

Great extension and will get a lot of use. Really appreciate your 4e version!

Thanks for the instructions and the image.

I found out what was giving me an issue. I was applying a Lightning Spell at first. The lightning image is so long and thin that when shown as an icon its not seen. I thought it was not being applied and was not working. I did other spells and they were visible, then realized the lighting image scale was making the image not exist when shrunk down to icon. It is still selectable and works well. Not a big deal now that I know what's happening.

Great extension and will get a lot of use. Really appreciate your 4e version!
    yep some of the spell tokens are odd aspect ratios. I'd love to have a small version for icons on character sheets, maybe I'll try and get something sorted for that.

what does the '*' mark on the atk ? ( is it some 4e thing ? )

-pete

what does the '*' mark on the atk ? ( is it some 4e thing ? )

-pete
    I think the * is used to group the attack powers to the top of the list. Just a guess on my part. Adding the asterisk was another 4e quirk I had to adjust.

I think the * is used to group the attack powers to the top of the list. Just a guess on my part. Adding the asterisk was another 4e quirk I had to adjust.
    if you could, edit the 'SpellTokens.xml' file for the spell list '*' and attach to the thread and I'll move/attach it to the top of the thread for other 4e users.

If you want to, not an issue if you dont.

Thanks,
    -pete

if you could, edit the 'SpellTokens.xml' file for the spell list '*' and attach to the thread and I'll move/attach it to the top of the thread for other 4e users.

Thanks,
    -pete
    The player powers don’t have this asterisk, so maybe have two versions of the spell. For example; Lightning Bolt and *Lightning Bolt?
    I’ll edit the xml and test it tonight.

The player powers don’t have this asterisk, so maybe have two versions of the spell. For example; Lightning Bolt and *Lightning Bolt?
    I’ll edit the xml and test it tonight.
    I'm probably going to add a test to check for the '*' in the source name and remove it... as I already strip loads of stuff off the end to allow matching with various extensions and modules.. ( like one click druid and rob2e names etc.. )

-pete

Thanks,
    -pete
    I added an '*' before the string name. Is that what you were looking for?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information