FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Tables

Tables

hi all... is there a way i can make a table for a random encounter with a 50% chance that something happens... is there a way i can set it up so that it first rolls (preferably the old school 2d10 percentile) and if it shows that there is an encounter, then roll a second time to determine what the monster is?
    greatly appreciate if anybody can point me in the right direction for this

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteria_Sdrassa View Post
    hi all... is there a way i can make a table for a random encounter with a 50% chance that something happens... is there a way i can set it up so that it first rolls (preferably the old school 2d10 percentile) and if it shows that there is an encounter, then roll a second time to determine what the monster is?
    greatly appreciate if anybody can point me in the right direction for this
    You could do this with 2 tables, instead of just one. your first table would look like
    1-50 Nothing Happens
    51-100 [Encounter Table]

The second table would be titled "Encounter Table" and would contain all of the encounters you want to be possible.

You roll on the first, and if the result is 51-100, then it rolls on a second table to determine what encounter it will output.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

As said, two rolls to get to that is probably the easy thing.
    And really if you want a 50/50 no encounter, then no table is needed for the first check. Any one off die roll can give you a 50/50 check on lots of ways. Any die called odd/even for that 50/50 works. Or any die and a roll range of half the numbers yes/half no.
    And then check on the encounter table if the roll says to do so.
    Probably a little less prep than mkaing two tables, where one table is just a 50/50 check that you can make at any time with any die.

You could also make one table, with 50% of the outcomes be, nothing happens.
    A table roll of either 50%of die numbers are one outcome of, nothing happens.
    Or the table is X number of entries and half of them say, nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    You could do this with 2 tables, instead of just one. your first table would look like
    1-50 Nothing Happens
    This is what I do. My outdoor random table also has a chance of 'bad luck - party', 'bad luck - personal', and weather change.

It's also easier to change the chances of an encounter occurring this way.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Thread Information