Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Characters

Characters

I have imported all my FG1 player characters to FGII; I can see them in the db.xml and in the FGII character selection window butwhen a player logs on he cannot see any characters ?

The log on name matches the "owner" tag in the db.xml ?

Im trying a reinstall of FG2, hoping that might help.

Tried modifying the character sheets in the db.xml and now the campaign crashes FG ... the naming/layout is slightly different with <character name></character name> now replaced by <id-0000X></id-0000x> and the character sheet in between.

Will try again ..... but am rapidly losing the will to live frankly.

Can't seem to log on at all anymore.

"Could not connect to host"
    "Check the address and try again"

Which suggests its not up at the minute.

Think I have it Try again.

Finally got back on but still no characters also having trouble actually getting a new character to come up.

Script Error: ["scripts/identityselection_newentry_base.lua"]:18 Specified indentiy already requested

Yet thats when i double click, but nothing seems to happen when i single click.
    Also sometimes when i double click it doesnt happen either its very weird.

OK ... let me wait and see if anyone has a solution ... I have 21 characters to transfer and 3 different campaign modules to transfer. Longarms, how did you transfer our New Pisian characters so effortlessly ?

Tokens placed in the tokens/shared are not visible to players either ? Do these have to be in Programs/FGII etc rather than where custom rulesets/mods go ?

Honestly guys ... I know there have been numerous posts answering all of this stuff but ... some documentation to go alongside a new version would have been nice.

Characters come over without notes or spellbooks or weapon slots. If they need the notes I suggest you cut an paste them into a storybook entry. If for some reason any of your campaigns didn't come over or you want to bring over more recent ones you can cut and paste the campaigns into campaigns in FG2 (in the data folder - not under program files - see below).

Tokens need to go into the FG2 data folder not in program files. You can find this folder by pressing the start button and going the FG2 folder there is an entry called Application Data Folder. Click on this to open it. Drop the tokens in tokens\shared or tokens\host. I believe you can still also put the tokens in under the campaign for host tokens though I haven't tried.
    Last edited by Griogre; May 18th, 2007 at 23:51.

Thanks Griogre - I placed the tokens in the correct folder then ... but they do not show up for players.

The character sheet issue is still unresolved - I will have another look at it all in the morning.

Thread Information